What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Bios for 680i released today

M

Misoprostol

I wasn't having any issues, but I also haven't been gutsy enough to try running RAID on my board. Maybe once this BIOS reaches official status, I'll give it a shot :)

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
I'm wondering if it actually fixed the SATA problems people were experiencing.:confused:

Babrbarossa

They say it does, and the complaints seem to be slowing quite a but, but I haven't had troubles-- not using raid, so I can't say first hand.

M

Misoprostol

I started having some SATA problems, but they've cleared up now.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Good to hear, I know it was causing headaches for alot of people.

Babrbarossa

I finally experienced a glitch with the board, even with the p23 bios. My wife was using the computer and pressed one of those specialty buttons along the top of the keyboard, and it crashed and wouldn't reboot- (ps2 mouse error) and it would no longer detect my hard drive. I panicked a little at first but i just reset my bios to default settings and it rebooted.

Babrbarossa

P24 was released on Jan 13th.

EVGA | Message Boards

changes are:
  • Vista WHQL Certified
  • USB Floppy improvements for RAID installs
  • Correct CPU temp and voltage system monitor displays in BIOS
  • Correct default CPU multiplier setting
  • Fix "Code 50" hang received under certain VGA configurations
EDIT: i see people are still viewing this thread- so here's a link to a more up-to-date thread with some discussion on the most recent Bios releases.

Last edited:

Latest posts