What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GTX 680 2GB Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I would like to see some folding PPD numbers for these new cards.

Folding does not currently work on Kepler. There should be an update by Stanford in the next few weeks that supports the new architecture.

stoanee

Folding Team
I would like to see some folding PPD numbers for these new cards.

Me to. I did notice that the 560Ti2WIN on sale now at $400. Mine is currently getting 36k ppd. I would love to see a 6602WIN, if they make one it should hopefully use a little less power.

maverick_brent

i can see a flood of last gen AMD cards coming, hell it makes me want to put my 6950 on the market. Grr....So tempting....

Soultribunal

Staff member
This was never supposed to be their "Flagship" card in this generation. AMD missed the mark and the result is a xx104 card in the place of an xx100 part.

And the awesome part about that is, they have something even more powerful they can bring for the ultimate Premium. A'la ULTRA days.

-ST

Prolab

DAMN...im very tempted but i really want my summer ride to be ready. Well for this summer.

Car? GTX 680? Car? GTX 680? :whistle:

GT7R

This was never supposed to be their "Flagship" card in this generation. AMD missed the mark and the result is a xx104 card in the place of an xx100 part.

Which means there is a higher-end single-GPU in their works right now?

This one goes to Green Team

Yep, qudos to Green Team. They beat 7970 on all counts. Looks like anything AMD touches turns into Bulldozer - slow and inefficient. I guess it was strategic mistake by AMD executives to get compute power in GCN. NVIDIA moved away from it and results are showing: 680 is cheaper, faster and cooler. So, AMD has to drop 7970 to $450 and 7950 to $350 to stay competitive. That will push 78xx and 77xx further down.
Now, everyone who bought in AMD 28nm parts are sour (me included). AMD got money, but going to lose market share. Short term profits for long term loses - typical AMD management style. I have stopped buying their CPUs few years ago, I guess I have to abandon their GPUs just the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts