What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sudden Non Bootable AMD Rig

gingerbee

Do they stop at the same point with the same chip the 5950 ??? and if so wouldn't that make you think the CPU is the problem but I think I am missing something here since you have phrased it the way you did. ??

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I tried the 5900x as well same thing on both boards I tried the GPU on the x299 rig it works "PHEW" now it's down to the PSU or aore unlikely issue can 2 UPS plugged into the same outlet cause this?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
After much testing the culprit is the 5950x she dead Jim now in process of repatriation into the main case to see if it works. I'll update if it was a fix.

Attachments

• 1627360366607.jpg
    1627360366607.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Bond007

its running again so outa all this my poor 5950x decided it didnt wanna live any longer ill have to see if this extended warrenty will help with micro center.
Cpu dead for sure? I have not come across that at all. Fingers crossed you can get it sorted.

gingerbee

well that's some bullshit I really wonder if that board killed it cause I haven't heard of people having chips that just die, but you say that your tried both your 5900x and 5950 in the dark hero board with the same results, hence my confusion. but you know what your doing so I am taking it as your just not walking us through your testing, it dont matter all that matters is you found out what died.

Well that sucks maybe run the 5900x in the dark hero or something even lower I know it would suck but just seems strange that this board seems to have more problems then normally and dont want to kill anotehr 5950x if it's the baord doing it

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah the thermal gooped cpu is the one thats running perfectly ok. at first it gave the same issue as the 5950x hence why i was like wtf with the board. im wondering if its this boards implementation of PBO 2 and the Dynamic Switcher feature? the constant change in clock speed eventually killed it maybe?

Latest posts