What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 100TB Project

gingerbee

ya i know i was just pointing out that most of us could find a use for it. so the question is what did you need it for :ph34r: cdc nsa csis rcmp he he :haha: very cool

death_hawk

ya i know i was just pointing out that most of us could find a use for it. so the question is what did you need it for :ph34r: cdc nsa csis rcmp he he :haha: very cool
I have A LOT of TV.
180MB/650MB per 20 minute show in XviD/h264
350MB/1.3GB per 40 minute show XviD/h264

x

5 seasons average

x

20 episodes

=

A BUNCH of space.

Why are you wanting deathstars????????????
Why not? Name something better that's cheap.
Actually I'm kind of debating on revisiting GP drives since I stumbled upon something called WDIDLE last night. Apparently they also are TLERable still.

death_hawk

Actually... it wasn't that bad price wise. Only about $5k.
You could build one twice the size (literally with 2TB drives) for about the same price. Damn hardware pricing dropping like stones.

ayah

That's fracking gorgeous. GG man. I'm pretty envious.

Artel

My little personal desktop is at 4tb, not including the same in redundant backups. I do a bit of media work (photo + video) raw captures alone chew up 2-3 tb till I get done with them and can just archive/delete.

That right there is just awesomeness!!!!!

Jack_L2

I would imagine how much time it would take to encrypt 100 TB with Truecrypt. Maybe a week or two?

Latest posts