What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Lysrin

I find it incredulously stupid, yet oddly compelling.
I was thinking the exact same thing watching it last night, albeit not so eloquently! :D

The premise is ridiculous, but the characters are pretty good so far, and I like Jennifer Connelly so there is that. Looked it up, and you're right; made by TNT.

Arinoth

Staff member
We've enjoyed first season of The Boys too, funny to hear it's actually toned down from the comics.

Shadowmeph

I enjoyed it also, first 2 ep were slow but yeah great fun.

Rewatching American Gods again.
thats a different type show I do like it that all in all the New gods are like technology greed money it is kind of the way it is now people all want the newest tech which the more people use the more powerful it gets like Gods the more people believe in them the more it seems to get in power because of the belief

Lysrin

Anyone else watching "Into the Night" on Netflix? I'm finding it very good! FYI, foreign language with decent English overdub. Anyway, I'm several episodes in. I'd recommend it at this point.

And I am looking forward to checking out Space Force on Netflix tomorrow. Looks pretty funny from the trailer 😁

Lysrin

I dislike dubbing and will take sub titles any day!
I don't mind the dubbing if the acting is decent. A lot of the stuff I am watching these days is on my phone, after the family has settled for bed, so reading subtitles on the phone sized screen isn't my preferred option.

FreeKnight

I generally prefer subs. There's the odd anime where with a really good dub, it's still fine since you don't notice the mismatch between mouth movement and the sound of English speech like you do with live action.

Once you start picking up another language you definitely notice how 'generous' some subs and dubs can be with translations too. I notice it in some French and Japanese media where the translation can be pretty different from what's actually being said (though usually you're still getting the jist of it). I've noticed it a little in Spanish media too, but I don't know enough Spanish to really judge how much is due to idiom and slang that doesn't transfer over versus creative changes.

Lysrin

I am the only one here who watched Space Force? :eek:
Nope. Watched it. Just finished the other night. Certainly had some funny moments :) Steve Carell and John Malkovich is a great combo!

The show is certainly a platform for any number of politic and moral stances, to each their own on those, but it did make me laugh!

Arinoth

Staff member
I have been enjoying the episodes so far that I have watched, Space Force that is.

Latest posts

Twitter