What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Toronto Conflict: Half-Life 2 mod

Moneyless

Ok well I left it to download overnight, I've RAR'd it, and now I'm uploading it to Filefront, about 1h30 left. (My interweb tubes suck)

Moneyless

Ok well after having it restart on me many times here is the download link to filefront. :)

You should add it to the first post. ^_^

Prof. Dr. Silver

Dude...wicked cool...! I downloaded it(np), installed it(np) and played it! BUT I CAN NEVER GET PAST THE FREAKING GUARDS!!! LOL...well I didn't really try though. But it's very tough somehow...how many guys do I need to kill with the crowbar before I get a gun?

Amon

Yeah the game is very hard. I'm playing it on normal and it feels like a nightmare. But I like it. The game is plagued with countless poor game design choices (have they been paying attention to Valve's game commentary, which essentially shows you how to make a game?) but its length more than makes up for it. Gotta give it a try. The battle at Dundas Square using the RPG was a total blast! (I'm there every day in real life).

belgolas

Dude...wicked cool...! I downloaded it(np), installed it(np) and played it! BUT I CAN NEVER GET PAST THE FREAKING GUARDS!!! LOL...well I didn't really try though. But it's very tough somehow...how many guys do I need to kill with the crowbar before I get a gun?
when you get the crowbar go and smash the wooden thing about the soldiers and the thing will come down on them. now you can get past the one guard on the left by the water where the guy got killed. You will get a gun when you reach the table thing across the water area.

Amon

when you get the crowbar go and smash the wooden thing about the soldiers and the thing will come down on them. now you can get past the one guard on the left by the water where the guy got killed. You will get a gun when you reach the table thing across the water area.
A lot of objectives and solutions to scenarios make too broad of an assumption of the player's imagination. The opening scene is an obvious example and then the TTC ride thereafter.

EddieTO

The game starts off at FOOTURESHOP (LOL)

torontoamv2.jpg

Then brings us to the TTC (north york station)

torontobog2.jpg

Plopeyes!

torontodyb5.jpg

Eaton`s centre
torontoedx1.jpg

I`m craving a Whooper at burger queen

torontofwv5.jpg

Currently at the part right after all my weapons were taken. The gravity gun seemed to turn into the super gravity gun, but i couldnt pick it up.

So far, it seems the team put a considerable amount of effort but the level planning needs polishing. I`ll have to agree with the wishy washy objectives. It wasn`t really clear what to do in many situations, like the TTC ride, there wasn`t really anything pushing you to traverse the train. I thought I was supposed to just stand there till it reached the next stop. It would be really cool too if the NPCs were skinned. Now back to beating down guards with this baton thingy.

Last edited:

Latest posts