What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what exactly is AI computing?

Mr. Friendly

but it's not learning Chris...it's just deploying a set of programmed algorithm's for the exact set of details the sensors are feeding it. it's not learning or expanding it's knowledge base or feature set, it's always going to do the same thing anytime the sensors report the same data set.

Entz

exactly it is programmed, it hasn’t learned anything, it can’t do anything it isn’t programmed to do. It doesn’t decide for itself that hey this time I’m gonna floor it and slam the brakes at the last second Since that is the optimal way to close distances. It must be perfectly predictable. There was no training. No rewards. No weights so It’s not even machine learning. If that is the metric for ai, takes an input and does a repeatable output, then every computer program today is an ai.

Last edited:

Chris

I concede. But, I did say it is the simplest “Artificial” intelligence. The example of self learning and decide to do something different than what it is programmed to do is more than “artificial”.