What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What is wrong with HCF? Member's and Staff Options Wanted

0o0

Banned
^ that's why I think the system would really benefit hcf, maybe save our ass if school starting doesn't kill off the trolls like myself (I will be back just less frequently, school doesn't take up all my time:ph34r:)

Zero82z

Banned
I think the mods are correct here (even though I don't really have an idea of what's going on). You're wrong, stop whining over such a small issue get over it. It doesn't "affect the performance" of your account.
Actually, you're wrong, the mods were wrong, I was right, and the warning was retracted.
Your posts also have a lot of offensive content whether explicit or implicit. I'm sure many agree that you're a trouble maker and a menace around here. Dangtx may be bad at English, and I do struggle to make sense of some things he posts, but I enjoy talking to him. Talking to you is a pain in the ass, seriously. I feel like I'm talking to some screwed up obnoxious guy always trying to find loopholes around things, putting others down, fighting over the smallest comments that you don't agree with... do you not have anything better to do? I feel that you're one of the rudest but 'formal' people here, sorta like the combine from HL. I'd rather read posts from dangtx or encorp or others than from you any day, I actually find many of encorp's posts to be quite entertaining.
It's a good thing I don't care about your opinion then :haha:.

0o0

Banned
Actually, you're wrong, the mods were wrong, I was right, and the warning was retracted.

It's a good thing I don't care about your opinion then :haha:.
It's a good thing that not everyone is not as fussy about these things and will fight to the death for your own way. Yes it is a good thing you don't care about my opinion. It'd be best if you pretend that I don't exist here and I pretend that you don't exist here I guess. Last question before I start pretending that you don't exist: Are you a lawyer that can't find work?

DkRk

School's starting this week, hopefully less of us kids will help out the situation. I've seen a flunctuation of uninformed newcomers recently (but there are a few very informed newcomers) that are just not up to standards.

What exactly constitutes these 'standards?' It isn't terribly nice to call a group of people 'uninformed.'. One reason people join forums like HWC is to learn about hardware, so naturally, you'll have people who are not in the loop. That's not their fault, and that's not at all a positive way to welcome people to the hobby. If they feel maligned, they'll go somewhere else, which is detrimental to the site.

There are trackers that are invitational and they are very good with a great community base, but hcf isn't invitational. I have a crazy idea and I don't know if it'd work, I was thinking that posts from newcomers should be grayed out until they have +5 thumbs and have accumulated +10 thumbs from all their posts before creating a thread. Negative thumbs would bring their 'thumb' score on their account down. Too many negative thumbs on a post/thread hides and and queues it for moderation. Too many negative thumbs accumulated on an account and it's automatically banned until moderator investigation. A nice democratic and fairly straight forward 'automatic' solution for the administrator. I think it'd be much more efficient than the infraction system. It would encourage all members to be much more responsible, and think twice before they post, and it'd filter out idiots from the forum.

That'd immediately marginalize newcomers, and make them feel totally unwelcome. They may really be into the hobby and participate, but if their posts are deemed to be lesser than someone else who has spent more time around here, they likely won't stay. And why should normal forum participants govern who will be accepted or who will be ignored or cast out by grading posts? Everyone should start on equal footing, and have as much say and exposure as the next guy. Otherwise, you'll have two tiers of members, and that'd wouldn't do for a site like this.

Then again, I'd probably have a negative score myself right now... but if I knew such a system was in effect, I'd seriously improve my behaviour around here.

Why not just provide the forum and its participants your best conduct right from the start? You shouldn't need a grading system to govern your behaviour.

encorp

This thread went out of style like 6 pages ago.

Stop masturbating yourselves you guys.

Latest posts