What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm into 2 weeks now waiting on a USPS shipment from them.

I take it the wired house cables ended up in a closet somewhere and you needed a switch for that?

Ya, I went DHL shipments to save time. I need to get my wiring done so my drywall can get going. Plus you are on the opposite coast from Rancho Cucomonga, CA.

It all terminates in a closet under the stairs in a basement. I picked up a 8 port switch from NCIX in their Black Friday sales, and I will probably have to add another one. Perineum and I ran the new RJ45 wiring for the basement last night. :thumb:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Needed some power for my 10" Clarion Pro sub: Kenwood KAC-9105D. I'll build over the week-end the custom enclosure for the new car.

1540_800_557.jpg

3.0charlie

Too much work during winter time - and the resin simply smells too strong while working in the garage. It's going to be a temporary MDF box for now, but I'll probably set up a FG enclosure next summer.

sswilson

Staff member
Ya, I went DHL shipments to save time. I need to get my wiring done so my drywall can get going. Plus you are on the opposite coast from Rancho Cucomonga, CA.

It all terminates in a closet under the stairs in a basement. I picked up a 8 port switch from NCIX in their Black Friday sales, and I will probably have to add another one. Perineum and I ran the new RJ45 wiring for the basement last night. :thumb:

I find it absolutely amazing what kind of setups folks are running for home use these days. I'm running an 8 port giga switch from my router, and then another 4 port 100MB one off of that for my young lad's PC and PS3. Even with that, I'm still running wireless upstairs, although I finally broke down and bought a proper dual band N adapter that nets me a solid 144 connection.

3.0charlie

You've... actually... met... Him? :shok:

:biggrin:

So, how was the cable fishing through the air ducts?

Soultribunal

Staff member

What kind of switch, and do you need another?

Him 3.0, not his mother. SugarJ said nothing about a forklift being involved :ph34r::shok::rofl:

*PS- You know I love you Perineum*

-ST

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team

Yes, I did. We both seem to have survived it ok. As for the ducts, never listen to the builder. When I pulled a couple plates to check, they have used FT4 riser to every phone outlet. Going to keep one RJ11 outlet in the kitchen, and the rest of the house is wired! Very happy!

What kind of switch, and do you need another?

Him 3.0, not his mother. SugarJ said nothing about a forklift being involved :ph34r::shok::rofl:

*PS- You know I love you Perineum*

-ST

I picked up a cheapie 8-port Gbe from the NCIX sale last week. I think I will have a total of 14 runs in the house. I don't need them all live by any means, it would just make it easier when I do plug in a new device.

Funnily enough, he did offer to show me pictures of his mom. I stopped him after he typed www.cougarlife. I didn't want it to go any further. :biggrin: