What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Where to buy [enter component here]?

moocow

OK let me give this a try. I'm looking for 1.27mm pitched header pins to build my own chip adapter because the SOIC8 test clip keep slipping off. Trying to reflash a TECLAST Chinese tablet with it. Ebay is the only place where I can find the headers for reasonable price. If I can find it locally (GVRD) that would be great.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie

Chilly

Anyone know where I can buy high quality specialty screws? For example something esoteric like black or black nickle flat top counter sunk phillips M3 @ 8mm length?

I found some stainless steel stuff on ebay and amazon but it was horrible quality (bend off angle heads, etc). Wasted $30 so far. I tried googling a bit but all I could find are USA and UK only places, but nothing Canadian.

Jokester

Anyone know where I can buy high quality specialty screws? For example something esoteric like black or black nickle flat top counter sunk phillips M3 @ 8mm length?

I found some stainless steel stuff on ebay and amazon but it was horrible quality (bend off angle heads, etc). Wasted $30 so far. I tried googling a bit but all I could find are USA and UK only places, but nothing Canadian.

Are you set in stone on having Phillips head? Which is by far the worst of them all...

Valkyrie

Maybe check these folks out. They were good in the past, but I haven't dealt in this stuff for a while.

https://spaenaur.com/

Kitchener, Ontario

lowfat

Staff member
Are you in a rush? If so I can't help. If you can wait a month or possibly more, try Aliexpress. I buy all my mounting hardware there now and bought 30+ different sizes/threads/etc. The black oxide coated steel screws are surprisingly high quality, as good as the MPDC-X stuff use to be.

krazyups

OK let me give this a try. I'm looking for 1.27mm pitched header pins to build my own chip adapter because the SOIC8 test clip keep slipping off. Trying to reflash a TECLAST Chinese tablet with it. Ebay is the only place where I can find the headers for reasonable price. If I can find it locally (GVRD) that would be great.

Have a look at digikey.ca for those, I've always had success looking for and getting headers from there. The number that they have stocked should ensure that you can get exactly what you want.

Ships very fast too.

Latest posts