What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which are the best 3 Motherboard brands compatible with Intel Ivy Bridge?

MSwhip

Which are the best 3 brands and in which order of priority (in terms of quality and technology lead) from all manufacturers of motherboards for these [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]CPU Socket[/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] types and Models
CPU Socket Type: LGA 1155 - LGA 2011
Models: Z68 - Z77 and X79

Note:
1. I am looking at motherboards with similar set of features
2. If Intel brand motherboard is not part of your choices please tell me why they do not make your short list. (aside from potential higher cost)

Thank you.

Dzzope

If your getting an Ivy or sandy chip your best with z77 (mainly because they are the most common and have better selection and most up-to-date features)
x79 is for SB-E chips and is over-priced unless you really have too much money or if you really will use a hex core for rendering or the like (and use it allot)

I would go Asus every time if my budget permits.. most reliable and easily the best RMA experience of any board I've tried.. Though I've not actually tried the intels..

Sabertooth would be pick 1 with a good budget, P8Z77V Pro or just V if a bit tighter budget and for budget boards I would go MSI or Asrock (personal preference)
I've had way too many problems with and bad customer service from Gigabyte to ever recommend them or use them again for motherboards..

Perineum

I would go Asus every time if my budget permits.. most reliable and easily the best RMA experience of any board I've tried.. Though I've not actually tried the intels..

I've had way too many problems with and bad customer service from Gigabyte to ever recommend them or use them again for motherboards..

I couldn't agree more. Asus are almost bulletproof and the Gigabyte likely to fail. Getting any useful information out of Gigabyte is like pulling teeth as well.

MSwhip

You need to choose a socket and a budget first
After reading what it was said here and also in another site I think I will wait for the next Intel "tock" development launch e.g.: the Haswell processors said to be more efficient and using the 22nm architecture with LGA 1150 Socket

But for that I would have to wait till late 2013/early 2014.

Thank you for your opinions

Latest posts