What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

WIP New build gaming and movies/pictures machine

Zodgrod

My wife was exceptional and bought me several parts for my new build that I have been itching to do for some time. As well I was able to head out on boxing day on a modest budget and get most of the other components I need to finish my build. I am taking ny time with it and I spent some time in the fall modding a case I liked when I first got it. I painted the interior a flat black and made several adjustments in the motherboard tray for cable management.

My Parts list:

CPU AMD cpu 1090T 3.2GHZ
CPU cooler Corsair A50
RAM Corsair XMS3 TWIN3X 4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9Kit (2 x 2GB)
Mobo ASUS M4A89GTD PRO 890GX/SB 850
PSU Antec Earthwatts 750w Modular power supply
GPU 2x Radeon 5770 1GB DDR5
1TB Seagate 7200 rpm 32mb cache.

I still need to get a optical drive plus an affordable SSD for the OS.

I will add pics later.

Zodgrod

PC260308.jpg
PC280313.jpg
PC280315.jpg
PC260310.jpg

Zodgrod

I am almost done a night shift then get home and shovel the drive way and deck.

I am considering doing some work on my build, but depending on how tired I am will determine what I may do. I think maybe some cable tie down and hiding as this is one build I am taking time with and not just rushing through in an afternoon.

My budget for this build is limited and I picked up an IDE DVD RW for $2 but I am not so sure about it. I want a sata drive I don't want any IDE cables making it look crappy on the inside of the case.

I still need to get the side panel fixed, I origianally cut the center of the side panel out to accomidate a water cooling set up but this is no longer the case. I have a large sheet of modders mesh I need to cut and then attach to the side panel, as well I have large fan for the side panel.

In the case I have a fan power board I still need to find a spot to attach it to.

My Hard drive will fit nicely below my card reader so I will have plenty of space to put my light control and fan power board.

bvsbutthd101

Um, isn't your heatsink suppose to be turned the other way, so the fan is blowing threw the heatsink into your back fan, out the case?

Zodgrod

Um, isn't your heatsink suppose to be turned the other way, so the fan is blowing threw the heatsink into your back fan, out the case?

Not unless I turned the mounting bracket on the motherboard around, I have it blowing through and the air out the PSU's fan. At 3.2Ghz its cool at 19c.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member

Welcome to the AMD mounting setup for heatsink fans...

Latest posts