What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case / HD / SSD

rrrake

No idea what the used market is these days, around here everyone lowballs on everything so I have to post high or get $20 offers.

Trying to figure out what some of this stuff is worth, might be time to part with it.

Kingston 64GB SSDnow. Model: SNV425S264GB
Seagate 500GB 2.5in 7200rpm
Silverstone Crown CW03B - HTPC Case with 7 inch 1920x1080 Touchscreen LCD
Dangerden waterblock for 4870x2
Dlink DGS-3204 4 Port Gigabit Fiber Switch
Intel Pro/1000 XF PCI-X Fiber Cards

Thanks!

CoolHandL

FIXED

No idea what the used market is these days, around CRAIGSLIST everyone lowballs on everything so I have to post high or get $20 offers.

Thanks!

If ya want help from the community don't knock the community.

CoolHandL

No Worries.

SSD: is 83$ new from NCIX as of now so used: $50-60
HDD: is 144$ new, you could ask for $70 used.
Case: Awesome case $684 new, used: $475-500

Rule of thumb i use is 30% less than the retail price of the current market.

rrrake

No Worries.

SSD: is 83$ new from NCIX as of now so used: $50-60
HDD: is 144$ new, you could ask for $70 used.
Case: Awesome case $684 new, used: $475-500

Rule of thumb i use is 30% less than the retail price of the current market.

That's the V200 going for $83 I believe, which apparently still has problems with it's controller.
Any listings I see for this model are still around $120. Although with better drives going on sale constantly I think that's a bit overpriced.

Thanks for the input!

Poison Ivy

I got v100's on boxing day for 74$, and on eBay used or refurb they are going for 60-70. So $60 here is fair since you don't have the fees to deal with.

Edit: Holy sh** I just googled that case, that's insane! How do you like it?

clshades

I used to use a case like that w/o the touch screen. They are cool and stuff but i've found I'm back to running a server in a closet with a boxee box for the TV. That thing could be really handy in a pinch if you needed to do some computer related stuff. I just use RDC for all that tho. The other problem I had with silverstones HTPC cases is heat. I actually had a machinist drill about 400 holes in the top of my case so that it could vent heat properly. I reckon you'll have trouble selling that case and getting even close to what you paid.

200 bux it might sell.

rrrake

I got v100's on boxing day for 74$, and on eBay used or refurb they are going for 60-70. So $60 here is fair since you don't have the fees to deal with.

Edit: Holy sh** I just googled that case, that's insane! How do you like it?

It looks nice, people are amazed when they realize its the computer. It's very well built, and blends in with a quality stereo setup.

The touchscreen I don't fully utilize. I'm actually in the process of collaborating on custom front end for XBMC to try to utilize the screen for something useful.

rrrake

I used to use a case like that w/o the touch screen. They are cool and stuff but i've found I'm back to running a server in a closet with a boxee box for the TV. That thing could be really handy in a pinch if you needed to do some computer related stuff. I just use RDC for all that tho. The other problem I had with silverstones HTPC cases is heat. I actually had a machinist drill about 400 holes in the top of my case so that it could vent heat properly. I reckon you'll have trouble selling that case and getting even close to what you paid.

200 bux it might sell.

I'd have to really be hurting for my next fix to sell this beauty for $200.

I have 6 HDS crammed into this thing, and as long as you keep the intake and outtake fans clean, heat is not a problem. It's for a HTPC you don't need an overclocked beast in there.

Also, this machine has not been turned off in 3 years for more than a few hours. I currently even have a passive cooled video card in there, 0 problems.

I have another silverstone case as my main desktop:Canada Computers | Cases | SilverStone Lascala LC17B Black Aluminum Desktop Case and again, no heat problems. I had an 8800Ultra in there, and while it ran SUPER hot,temps inside the case are moderate.

So overall, I can't agree with you on Silverstone Cases having heat problems.

Im debating switching to Zotac AD10s running Openelec for media output (XBMC is about 1000x better than Boxee imo).

Latest posts