What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i5-2400 + Dell OEM Motherboard

the_guitarboy

I have a bunch of stripped Dell Optiplex 390's, no PSU/RAM/HDD, I was thinking of taking out the CPU+Mobo (Mobo is ATX so it will fit in any case).

Any idea how much the i5-2400 + Mobo (6 USB2, VGA+HDMI, 4 Sata) would go for? They also have a Windows 7 OEM key on the box.

Last edited:

the_guitarboy

Did you verify that they don't require a proprietary PSU?

Yup, standard ATX connections. I have one up and running as a media server for myself. The only gotcha is you need to press F1 to bypass the soft errors that occur from it not being in it's original case when it cold boots.

MARSTG

I would say around 150 for the Mobo/CPU combo. OEMs were taken a bit by surprise by the 2nd gen I series and didn't have the time to screw too much with board design like HP did with the Elite 8200 series. What chipset is powering those boards?

the_guitarboy

I would say around 150 for the Mobo/CPU combo. OEMs were taken a bit by surprise by the 2nd gen I series and didn't have the time to screw too much with board design like HP did with the Elite 8200 series. What chipset is powering those boards?

The chipset is H61.

sswilson

Staff member
$150 is what I was going to guess at as well.

That or save them in a box for 3 years and see how much you can squeeze out of business' looking for spares.... ;)

the_guitarboy

$150 is what I was going to guess at as well.

That or save them in a box for 3 years and see how much you can squeeze out of business' looking for spares.... ;)

Not a bad price, I may just try and sell them as a big package. Having a newborn sure eats into the amount of time I'm willing to spend on things.

Latest posts