What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
it's been ages since I've watched TNG...so I might do that. in the last couple years I redid DS9 and Voyager (which I had never watched to completion before).

anyone else read about a new ST project coming that has Patrick Steward reprising his role as JLP?

Shadowmeph

geeze just watched first couple eps and recognized one of the woman on the Bed of the Goa'uld she was one of the Dancers I dropped off at the Vancouver movies studios as an extra that was a long long time ago made me feel my age I still remember her eyes bright as Day thinking she had a movie career which she only ended up as an extra on Stargate then Millennium . as for startrek TNG I had a hard time with that series didn't like Pikerd or Riker or Wesley loved Q and Data

FreeKnight

it's been ages since I've watched TNG...so I might do that. in the last couple years I redid DS9 and Voyager (which I had never watched to completion before).

anyone else read about a new ST project coming that has Patrick Steward reprising his role as JLP?

I heard about it, I'll give it a shot. TNG was the only Star Trek show I ever got into and since PS is a decent actor I'll give it a try.

DS9 started so slow I couldn't get into much past the first half season. I hated the first few episodes of Voyager I gave a try and saw about a half episode of Enterprise.

Hopefully they don't try to just make it 'edgy' for the sake of it or go full wannabe HBO :S
I still love the TNG Episode where Picard is being tortured and he's yelling 'There are 4 lights'

lowfat

Staff member
DS9 is without a doubt the best Trek. First season is slow, but once the Dominion stuff starts it gets awesome. Top 5 sci-fi show for me.

Enterprise is also really good. First few episodes aren't great. But S3 and S4 and extremely good. Prolly the 2 best overall seasons of Trek.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the new Picard series. It has many of the same producers as Discovery, and I didn't like it at all.

Prickly007

Watched the first episode of Upstart Crow... historical BBC Two sitcom about William Shakespeare, written by one of the writers behind Blackadder.

Lysrin

I heard about it, I'll give it a shot. TNG was the only Star Trek show I ever got into and since PS is a decent actor I'll give it a try.

DS9 started so slow I couldn't get into much past the first half season. I hated the first few episodes of Voyager I gave a try and saw about a half episode of Enterprise.

Hopefully they don't try to just make it 'edgy' for the sake of it or go full wannabe HBO :S
I still love the TNG Episode where Picard is being tortured and he's yelling 'There are 4 lights'

That is a good one. The one I really like is the episode where he gets scanned by the alien probe and lives an entire lifetime on an dying world, but only in his mind. That scene at the end when he squeezes the little flute, the only thing he has left from that life, awesome. Great actor!

I'd like to see him come back as Picard for sure. I did watch his announcement at one of the ComicCons (I think) where he revealed new show was coming. He said he won't be the Picard we remember, changed by his experiences, 20 years later, etc. Not sure what that all means.

I'll stay in the cautiously optimistic camp too because in the end I haven't liked Discovery. Maybe Pike coming to the show as a character this season will help it out? New trailer for season 2 looks impressive, but so did the trailer for season 1... :blarg:

GregH

Watched the first episode of Upstart Crow... historical BBC Two sitcom about William Shakespeare, written by one of the writers behind Blackadder.

I'll have to check that out, thanks for the heads up. Always loved Ben Elton's stuff. MUCH prefer British comedy to North American.

Shadowmeph

jumping around between Stargate I really like the O'Neill character especially in season for when stuck in time loop. also finally got around to watching the latest season of Vikings had to restart the season a few times because with out Ragnar and with Floki off to I think its Iceland it was hard to watch but I finally am able to get past them not there I like Floki he keeps me going.

Latest posts