What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
My existing screen on the printer is an LCD2004 clone, so it looks like the SKR1.4 would give me a better chance of it working.

Bartacus

If you're interested in a custom Marlin variant, this video is WELL worth watching. I'm planning to run this Cheetah 5.0 Marlin variant on my SKR, since it seems to support everything I have natively (the SKR 1.4 turbo, the Ender 5 Plus, the 12864 LCD screen, etc). I found this video exceptionally informative:

sswilson

Staff member

Hrmmmm.... Belt tensioners, Filament feed knob, parts drawer, silent motherboard.....

That's half the printed upgrades folks did with their original ender 3s.... :)

Entz

Wow those are some nice upgrades. TBH the less you have to do out of the box the better.

danmitch1

@Bartacus Have you installed your new extruder yet? Im returning mine, im looking for a higher end one, not sure as high end as yours but still.
Anyone have suggestions of a good extruder feeder system?
Im seeing some printed ones, not sure though..

Bartacus

@Bartacus Have you installed your new extruder yet? Im returning mine, im looking for a higher end one, not sure as high end as yours but still.
Anyone have suggestions of a good extruder feeder system?
Im seeing some printed ones, not sure though..
No sir, I have not. I still need to make a decision about a proper hot end first. Then after that, I plan to go crazy and do all the mods at once, because you're not supposed to do that, and I'm a rebel. 🙃 Once I make up my mind, I'll install my new board / direct drive / extruder / hot end all at once.

lowfat

Staff member
Found a blade to my part cooling fan on my bed today. Noticed it is missing 2 others. It's even a good Nidec fan. :(

I was planning on making a Mouser order in the near future thankfully. So I can grab some 50mmx20mm NMB's for about $16 each. But I'd need to redesign the fan nozzle + hot end mount to accomodate the fat fan. Or I can grab some Deltas for about $25.

danmitch1

Oh crap, that sucks.. you have a few printers though luckily don't you?

Latest posts