What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

Entz

memoryexpress is bugged right now. It shows the "Back orders" as in stock. It was driving me nuts so I turned it off :p

CC is broken as well I think.

JD

Staff member
Not sure I'd trust CC online ordering anyhow, I guess the notification so you could run to the store quickly might be of help to some.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I had the 5600 and 5800 in cart no problem, while I pondered which to get. Finally checked out with the 5600.

lowfat

Staff member
5800x showed up today. Will start seeing how she does tonight. Quick test before work showed a SC boost of 4.85GHz.

EDIT: Make that 5GHz.
VvncwE2.png

Last edited:

Coach

My 5600x showed up. I am a fish out of water with these AMD chips. I would like to OC but have no idea how. I will have to learn I guess...

lowfat

Staff member
My 5600x showed up. I am a fish out of water with these AMD chips. I would like to OC but have no idea how. I will have to learn I guess...
What board? If your board has the new voltage frequency curve under 'AMD overclocking' in the bios, use it. There are a few threads in the OC section here. Otherwise, don't bother yet. Boost is a lot better on these CPU's.

Coach

What board? If your board has the new voltage frequency curve under 'AMD overclocking' in the bios, use it. There are a few threads in the OC section here. Otherwise, don't bother yet. Boost is a lot better on these CPU's.
I have an ASUS TUF Gaming Plus. I will look for frequency curve. If I find it hopefully someone can suggest what to do with it.

I doubt my 5600x is very good. So far it takes 1.325v to be stable at 4.675Ghz all core

lowfat

Staff member
I have an ASUS TUF Gaming Plus. I will look for frequency curve. If I find it hopefully someone can suggest what to do with it.

I doubt my 5600x is very good. So far it takes 1.325v to be stable at 4.675Ghz all core
IMO that is going to be too much voltage for a 24/7 OC. Honestly I think just letting boost do its own thing is a good idea.

And your board won't have it yet. For Asus boards, only a couple of the ROG boards have beta bioses w/ the curve editor. Should be in the next update tho.

Latest posts