What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
did you all hear about that verified acutal gamer thing linus tech tips will be doing in a lil bit, hes got roughly 80-100 3070-3080-3090s he will be selling to public,

if your a miner F-off hes going to try make sure these go to actually gamers not the scum who are screwing everone over.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Not yet he's got some details on Wan show. If I can get at least 1 I'd be happy can finally break out 4K Gaming on my rig.

Entz

Best of luck!

Last time they did something with a 3080 they posted it to lttstore.com at a random time between x and y hours but the website was still scraped by bots as you could look for all new products being added and add it your cart etc.

I am not sure how they are going to tell the difference between Mr. Ed Smith the gamer and Mr. Ed Smith the lead asshat at Scalpers R Us (+ all his alias' and employees trying etc)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
PC back home and up and running! New thermal paste knocked off 4c from the core, and the thermal pads knocked 30c (!!!!!!!) from the VRAM. 😂

Needless to say, I think anyone with a 3000 series card should be looking at their thermals and considering replacing stock paste/pads.

sswilson

Staff member
PC back home and up and running! New thermal paste knocked off 4c from the core, and the thermal pads knocked 30c (!!!!!!!) from the VRAM. 😂

Needless to say, I think anyone with a 3000 series card should be looking at their thermals and considering replacing stock paste/pads.

That's Crazy!!!!!

This is with your strix?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
That's Crazy!!!!!

This is with your strix?
Correct. Supposedly one of the 'better' 3080's, too!

The stock thermal shims got replaced with 2mm of "Thermalright Extreme Odyssey" rated at 12.8 w/mk. Core goop was just AS5.

One pack of the 1mm (doubled up) was enough for the strix. I didnt replace any of the pads on the vregs or other components...kinda tempted to now tho...

rjbarker

Thats awesome....although im an Evga Fan Boy I would really like to get my hands on a Strix card....Im ready to switch....my previous Asus Extreme Boards (Rampage n Maximus) have been solid.....
....will be installing an EK Block....if I ever get a Card !!!!

mGz

Whilst the results are quite significant you've also voided your warranty in the process. I guess if people don't intend on keeping their GPUs for longer than 2-3 years it's a calculated risk.

Latest posts