What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

771 to 775 Mod

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
Well I'm glad it worked out. Just for future reference, the scraping with an x-acto is pretty harsh in electronic contact terms. Usually a little scrub with a cotton swab dampened with isopropyl alcohol will do it. Maybe a gentle scrub with the pointy end of a Pink Pearl eraser if it is bad. We want to remove the oxide and leave the plating, because the plating is helping to slow down the oxidation.

As for the soldered contact switchers, that would involve some very strategic microscope soldering and you still need a contact pad over a contact pad. The stickers do the job, they just need a little help maintaining the contact especially after periods of non-use.

danmitch1

Oups, well it was just a little scratch lol, I hope i didn't muck it up too bad! Yeah I wouldn't attempt the soldering my self, but I see them on eBay " pre welded" . Might be worth grabbing one.

MARSTG

The Xeon should do 3.5 -3.6 without breaking too much sweat, even 4.0 make sure you have adequate cooling.

danmitch1

Thats pretty awesome! I hope im able to get as good performance as your chip.

Latest posts

Twitter