What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Deneb

muse108dc

it might be a good idea for AMD to leave some headroom but you really have to wonder why would they release them clocked so lowly if they can hit 4ghz on air. Ofcourse you could ask the same for Intel.

Well, heres to hoping AMD has got itself back on track

khelben1979

I'm very interested in the AMD Deneb core architecture as well. Will be interesting to see some figures once they arrive. From what I have understood they require less power than the current Phenom chips which is more than positive.

My future computer system will consume less power than my current system is the plan. And at the same time I'm after great cpu and graphics performance.

Looking forward on seeing the Phenom II in action.

S_G

Wow, I might have to go AMD to check these puppies out. If only for the overclocking madness!

Jonwall

Hopefully its not all about the overclocking and their cpus will compete with at least the c2d's clock for clock. Dont feel like having a 3ghz quad that i have to oc to 4ghz just to match a 3ghz c2d :\ If they can pull that off i may just go amd on my build, depending on the cost of these things.

sswilson

Staff member
Hopefully its not all about the overclocking and their cpus will compete with at least the c2d's clock for clock. Dont feel like having a 3ghz quad that i have to oc to 4ghz just to match a 3ghz c2d :\ If they can pull that off i may just go amd on my build, depending on the cost of these things.

What about a 3G quad you could overclock to 4.5G that would match the best performance you could get out of a 3G intel clocked to 3.8G? If they can pull that off at a decent price point, I'm in. :)

kirk_d

My future computer system will consume less power than my current system is the plan. And at the same time I'm after great cpu and graphics performance.

Looking forward on seeing the Phenom II in action.

Don't look to AMD for power saving if you like overclocking.
I have a 90 Nm 170 Opty, 3 year old technology.

It sucks 200 watts at full load:biggrin:
Thank God it's under water! (Thank God My Mobo can take it)

Now a 140 watt or 125 watt Phenom 2 is gonna suck WHAT OMFG :censored: at 3.95 Ghz :thumb:

It's gonna SUCK A LOT!:bananafunky: I can hardly wait.

Although I guess if you enable C&Q and run stock, everything should be fine.

encorp

I don't really find this to be that exciting; there are reports of i7's hitting similar mhz all around. Until I see one, running at those speeds in my hand I won't really give it any weight. Not to mention; AMD yet again trying to stab at generations old technology.

When they move away from ZIF, I'll start to take their endeavors more seriously. Just my 2 cents! haha

khelben1979

Regarding low power consumption with the Phenom II: I believe they will do the same as they have done with the current Phenom chips, releasing slower models which consumes more than half of the most powerful Phenom chips.

When it comes to performance, I'm excited to get more fps in Spellforce 1 (from JoWood). It's a bit slow on my five year old Pentium 4 processor over here. It's a pretty cpu intensive game with a slow 3D engine.

Spellforce was released in 2003 and if I could play the game in 1024x768 with great performance I would be more than satisfied.

mailaw

You could just get a current Core 2 and half-decent video card and you would be more than satisfied if that is your requirements.

Latest posts