What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian CRT Class Action

djbrad

Received mine 2 days ago, had to find it in my spams (thank you Cptn Vortex). Cashed it last night. My wife forgot her secret answer, she may never get it.

sswilson

Staff member
Not that that particular info is what I was wondering about, but based on what you said, SHOULDN'T it matter what email account is associated with your bank? For instance, using this CRT thing as an example, assuming I gave them an email address of abc@gmail.com, which I had associated with an account at TD, and they sent the funds/Interac notice to that email address, and then I decided I wanted to "select different financial institution", which was RBC, and my email address associated with my RBC account was xyz@gmail.com...... is the whole thing STILL going to work as intended? 🤔

I was wondering about the different ways this same thing is done, i.e. I've received some emails like the above, where I've had to input some info in order to get the deed done, whereas other Interac e-transfers have simply been deposited directly into my account, and the email I receive is simply to let me know the deed has already been done.

Nope, e-transfer doesn't have any idea what email address you have tied to your online banking. They only know what email address you have provided to the sender. The link in the "offer" opens the online portal and the cookies on your PC auto-populate the bank account info. I don't know for sure how they select what bank to feature, but I suspect it's based on whatever banking institution was the last one used by the account at the receiver's email address. (I have two different institutions that I regularly select for e-transfer and fresh "offers" rotate between the two.)

Arinoth

Staff member
I had partially forgotten about this myself, I wonder if I will ever get my cheque in the mail if other people are starting to get there's

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Does no one use the auto-deposit function for e-transfers? I enabled that a couple years ago, any transfer sent to my email gets deposited into my account without any interaction from me. I guess I'm in the September batch of payments because I had also bought a CRT TV in the time frame and applied for that too.

Entz

Does no one use the auto-deposit function for e-transfers? I enabled that a couple years ago, any transfer sent to my email gets deposited into my account without any interaction from me. I guess I'm in the September batch of payments because I had also bought a CRT TV in the time frame and applied for that too.
I didn't even know that was a thing lol.

I don't get many (usually friends and family type of thing) so I have always done it manually.

Cannon Fodder

Does no one use the auto-deposit function for e-transfers? I enabled that a couple years ago, any transfer sent to my email gets deposited into my account without any interaction from me.
THAT is what I was talking about a couple times earlier in this thread, i.e. I do recall getting e-transfers which required some manual input from me, but now I don't. I honestly don't recall doing it, but at some point I must've noticed that auto-deposit was available, and enabled it, because the past few times I've received an e-transfer, all that was required, was that the sender had my email address, and after the deed was done, I received an email from Interac, stating that I had funds.

Cannon Fodder

I had partially forgotten about this myself, I wonder if I will ever get my cheque in the mail if other people are starting to get theirs
I don't recall when I applied for this thing...... was "cheque in the mail" an option? I could've sworn they required an email address to send the funds to...... 🤔

Arinoth

Staff member
I don't recall when I applied for this thing...... was "cheque in the mail" an option? I could've sworn they required an email address to send the funds to...... 🤔
I am in a similar boat, I can't remember anything about the application process of it.

clshades

I remember someone posting in the forum so i signed up for it then. 1k monitor back when quake 2 was popular and shaw internet had just come out. Yeh.... I want some money back.

Latest posts