What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

burebista

Yeah, but I'm still looking forward at XBIt. :)
Anyway it's good to have multiple choices to compare.

CAT-THE-FIFTH

In the UK the GTX470 at around £315+ is priced around the same as the HD5870(around £300+).

The GTX470 is also around £50 to £100 more expensive than an HD5850 1GB(around £220+).

Last edited:

rojmiller

EDIT: Really though, its all about the numbers. Can a human even see the difference between 80FPS and 120FPS? I'm pretty sure we cant.

It my understanding that anything above 60fps is wasted. But is there any real reason to include it in the comparisons between cards? Wiki seems to indicate the with fast motion, 60fps (or higher) may be necessary to avoid judder. But with most LCDs at 60Hz (=60fps, according to Wikipedia), does having a minimum frame rate above 60fps matter at all?

What I'm getting at, in the percentage comparisons between cards, should the numbers (minimum fps) above 60fps be left out of the comparison?

Greenwood

I really enjoyed the articles on the 480 and 470 very well done!

I have two questions that reflect my buying habits. #1. Will I be able to buy this 480 with a two year warranty? I will not be replacing my video card in less than two years! #2. How will this 90 C. temperature effect the life of the motherboard? I do not want to replace my motherboard because of an overheated Video Card. I will not be paying the price of an early adopter if it means frustration and lack of value.

_dangtx_

Banned
I really enjoyed the articles on the 480 and 470 very well done!

I have two questions that reflect my buying habits. #1. Will I be able to buy this 480 with a two year warranty? I will not be replacing my video card in less than two years! #2. How will this 90 C. temperature effect the life of the motherboard? I do not want to replace my motherboard because of an overheated Video Card. I will not be paying the price of an early adopter if it means frustration and lack of value.

evga,xfx,bfg have lifetime, asus and giga 3 years if memory serves right

as for number two, very good question. we dont know, perhaps a thermal image/video might shed light how much heat radiates and how far from the card in operating mode.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
If anyone knows their electrical engineering well enough to build us something to measure direct power from the cards, let me know.

Latest posts