What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

crossfire-related question

cul8erppl

So, I crossfired my 6870 to a 6850. 3dmark vantage graphics score went up around 6000 marks, 3dmark11 score went up 1500+. Games seem to handle well on highest detail settings.

But, for some reason, prime95 fails within 3 hours. It was fine before the crossfire. Does crossfire impact my cpu/mem clocks?

I mean, after I crossfire, do I need to re-adjust my memory voltage settings, cpu-nb voltage settings, multi/fsb settings, etc?

roh_ultima

ya crossfire should have no effect on stability

maybe put the new one in by itself and rerun the test

cul8erppl

Hmmm... to my knowledge crossfire shouldn't affect cpu stability. Are you sure your OC was stable in the first place? Maybe one of the video cards is bad? I use intel burn test to test the cpu. It stresses the cpu harder than p95 and can detect instability in a matter of minutes. Check it out if you're interested.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBurnTest-v2.3-download-2047.html

support only for xp/vista...i'm running win7 x64...sigh...

ya crossfire should have no effect on stability

maybe put the new one in by itself and rerun the test

hummm...i up'd the mem voltage, still no luck...then, i went back to normal mem voltage, but up'd the cpu/nb voltage, then voila, p95 running for over 5 hours now, which is 2+ hours more than before...

cul8erppl

Ok, I ran p95 for 13 hours, no problems at all...I also ran IntelBurnTest for 18+ minutes (5 iterations using max memory), no problems at all...so, after crossfiring, I had to bump my cpu/nb voltage to 1.35v while everything else stayed the same...

Attachments

• IntelBurnTest.jpg
    IntelBurnTest.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 173

BlueByte

Power supply maybe??? I know your gpus will not be running full tilt to put you over on prime but you might be stressing one of your rails with the added card. Looking at your PS it should be able to take it.... might be worth a look at though. Especially if you have to bump your voltages after the added card.

Latest posts