What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

sswilson

Staff member
You mean the Sid Meier's Beyond Earth one? I have it. Bought it on sale a while back and played a bit. I like it and return to it from time to time, like I do with all the Civ games. Some have said they really feel it is just an expansion rather than a stand alone game but whatever, personnally I think that's debatable and IMO it is definitely worth a sale price.

Good to know.

Now that it's showing up on sale I'll probably jump in and grab it in the near future. I think the only version I didn't buy/play was II. Hell I even managed to get my hands on a windows version of I :)

FreeKnight

Sooooo..... since I've avoided it so far. Just how bad is the new Space Civ?

I didn't get into Beyond Earth very much. It seemed good, a lot like a Civ V 1.5, but the tech/science trees don't seem very intuitive, so I had trouble deciding how to progress my sciences. I'll go back and take a decent stab at it eventually, but it didn't 'feel' Civ enough to make me sit down and play it for hours (and hours, and hours....) at first go, which isn't my usual Civ experience.

Lysrin

I hated Beyond Earth.
Wow really? Why so strong a response? Not enough like the other Civs, or not different enough? Like I said I think it certainly fine for a sale price. It was never have a full AAA type game price though IIRC.

That might be too many questions for the focus of this thread. Don't mean to take us too far off topic... just "hated"... Intense! :biggrin:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Put a sci-fi wrapper on Civ V, add some annoying-as-hell green go and throw in a nonsensical tech tree and you have Beyond Earth. They could have done so much with it but got lazy.

Prickly007

Anyone find anything good in Steam's sale? Everything on my wish list is no where near historic low prices, the elimination of Daily Flash sales, etc seems to have made for a lacklustre affair.

FreeKnight

Anyone find anything good in Steam's sale? Everything on my wish list is no where near historic low prices, the elimination of Daily Flash sales, etc seems to have made for a lacklustre affair.

Shadowrun Hong Kong's at the cheapest price it's ever been according to isthereanydeal.com, I picked it up as I really liked SR and Dragonfall. But the games have a short price life, so there's a decent chance it'll go as cheap, possibly cheaper at the x-mas/new years sale.

Walking Dead Season 2 is 75% off if that's your cup of tea. DMC and Resident Evil 6 are both 75% off as well. Might be their steam cheapest price so far.

I didn't go through the sale list too much as I've been migrating to GOG more and my steam account already has 350 games hahaha

Latest posts