What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help Dealing with a Crook and a Bad Trader!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
And then it really burns my ass to see this mod and other members of this forum conversing with these turdballs on the mysterybyte forums like nothing is wrong.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist. Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me.

Nademon

I understand your attitude Squeetard. I'm angry myself, but my intention is not to cause dissent among upstanding members. I think everyone that's been scammed has a right to be angry and seek retribution (legal and non-violent). We are a country of "we're gonna jersey you and throw down", but what seperates us from our more trigger happy friends to the south is that as Canadians, we are also adept at using our heads. As for the mod, I think it's more a matter of legal reasons than political correctness and i'm sure moderating this site is a very time-consuming affair.

I'm going to compile a list of procedures that need to be followed in situations like this. I'm kind of feeling my way in the dark as this is a first for me, so once I figure out the exact legal set of steps, I'll put it all together and see if we can't get a mini-guide on how to deal with scammers.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
The forum has absolutely zero liability for anything done or posted by its members. If this weren't the case then they'd be liable to you for your losses from the bad deal. Simple as that.

Now let me be more clear. I am talking about collecting the money owed you, not exacting violent revenge.

Nademon

Thanks for the clarification Squeetard. So these criminals are trolling other sites and forums and their identities on those sites are known? Who in their right mind would continue conversing with them knowing that they perpetrated a fraud on HWC?

And I love the quotes!

sswilson

Staff member
It also chaffs me to see a mod (who has already dropped the ball on this issue) become more concerned with being politically correct than protecting one of its members.

Are we a bunch of wusses or are we a pull your jersey over your head and uppercut you true blooded canadians?

I'm sorry you feel that way, but as I stated in my earlier post we will not allow threads such as these to spiral down into lynch mobs. It's not about being politically correct, it's about the tone & type of conversation we want on the website. (Seems to me a few folks have been complaining about that slipping in the last little while)

As far as me dropping the ball.... how exactly do you believe I've done that? Staff is not involved with the buy & sell section other than to attempt mediation when a problem exists... in the case of a deal-gone-bad like this, there isn't a hell of a lot we can do other than prevent the individual from posting more ads. In this particular case, the member originally had a good sales rep, and then started to drop the ball. The only thing I failed to do in this case was to respond (which I admit I should have done) with the information I provided in the post here... Information I should add which has already been posted in our buy/sell section.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Sniper and renoracer post on the mysterybyte forums. Go take a look. You'll see members of this site (and mods) on their acting like nothing is wrong. Snipers username is Tony. Liu Kang posted a warning on that site and he was promptly banned.

sswilson

Staff member
If you're talking about me (mod), maybe you should check the dates on my posts...... I haven't posted there in over 4 months.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
The only thing I failed to do in this case was to respond

That is all I meant by 'dropping the ball'.

You could do more, you just choose not to. Why don't you speak up on the mysterybyte forums? What about protecting those guys from getting taken?

sswilson

Staff member
Maybe because I haven't been involved with the mysterybyte website since I moved to moncton? (see above)