What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

help me...I have screwed up so badly!!!

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
my Win 10 installation pooched itself so have started a complete re installation and I, out of habit, usually delete the OS partition and make a new one. I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally deleted the partition to my 2TB HDD as well, which has 6 years of stuff collected on it.

Windows is back up, and I haven't done ANYTHING to look at the 2TB drive.

Is there any way to recover from this? 🤮

Marzipan

Do you have some recovery software? Acronis or the like. There are a few out there that can recover whole partitions if they are accidentally deleted.
I don't have anything right now...and I've never done this before, at least not accidentally, so I've never read into or looked at what's involved in recovering. so...to save time, I asked here to get focused direction / instructions on what my options are.

anabioz

I recommend these guys:

--
--

Buy their software, excellent product. Windows-based, helped me recover a lot of stuff over years.

They have suites with product bundles, worth every penny.

Recovers partitions, files and helps reconstruct arrays.

NOTE: Until you rewrite the sectors on which the data was stored, there is high degree of confidence the data can be recovered.

crazyea

First you need to stop using anything on those drives and find a temp one for a windows install. I have used RECUVA before several times and was able to get back most of it. The big thing is not to write or modify anything on those drives or you will lose something for sure.

I should mention the free version of RECUVA is suitable for most problems. I never paid anything.

JD

Staff member
If just the partition was deleted and you did nothing else to the drive, you should be able to get it all back. I purchased EaseUS a few years ago and it's helped in this scenario. Always good to have some form of data recovery software in your toolkit :)

Shadowmeph

First you need to stop using anything on those drives and find a temp one for a windows install. I have used RECUVA before several times and was able to get back most of it. The big thing is not to write or modify anything on those drives or you will lose something for sure.

I should mention the free version of RECUVA is suitable for most problems. I never paid anything.
I have used the free version also it was a while back but it did recover most of everything.
as for the OP that really sucks I actually have done this by accident also .the software I used it took a long time to recover what it could which in my case was Movies and other video files

Marzipan

I haven't touched the HDD...my PC doesn't even see it.

I thought of Recuva right away, but nowhere in it's description info doesn't say anything about domain recover / reinstating. I'm afraid to try some some software and it cannot do what I need but somehow messes things up and I'm 100% screwed.

Latest posts