What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how to record ps2/ps3 game footage?

hohohee

how to record ps2/ps3 game footage?

record pc gaming footag is easy and its called fraps. but how bout ps2/ps3?

i want to show off my skill in fighting game consoles

Alwaysrun

Well unless you have a decent tv tuner card about the only way to get really clear caps at least on the PSX2 is to emulate it on your computer and then use FRAPS. PSX3 your going to need a tuner card for I'm pretty sure. I'm no expert so take this as just a suggestion.

hohohee

i dont have tv tuner. i dont have dvd recorder. i do have dvd player. i do have camcorder but i want it actual ingame so it will be clear just like fraps. i want to do it like fraps for pc gaming but in ps2/ps3. and upload to youtube

chrisk

Folding Captain
You will need a way to physically connect the PS3 to the computer.

The PS3 has connections for HDMI, and RCA. I believe you can buy a separate adapter for S-Video. Then you need to connect this to your computer, that has input for one of those plugs. This is where the TV-Tuner, video editing card on your computer comes in.

Otherwise, you would need a DVD recorder box or similar, to capture images on your TV set.

You don't have either, and the PS3 does not yet have the capability to record your games in this manner (although Sony promises to add this feature I believe). So my guess is you are out of luck, unless you have a camcorder, or digital camera that can record video. That would be crappy quality though.

lcdguy

Folding Team
You will need a way to physically connect the PS3 to the computer.

The PS3 has connections for HDMI, and RCA. I believe you can buy a separate adapter for S-Video. Then you need to connect this to your computer, that has input for one of those plugs. This is where the TV-Tuner, video editing card on your computer comes in.

Otherwise, you would need a DVD recorder box or similar, to capture images on your TV set.

You don't have either, and the PS3 does not yet have the capability to record your games in this manner (although Sony promises to add this feature I believe). So my guess is you are out of luck, unless you have a camcorder, or digital camera that can record video. That would be crappy quality though.

true but if your uploading to youtube your going to downgrade the quality anyway.

MacJunky

Only issue with a tv tuner is the slight lag between what you see on the computer and what is happening on the console.
It does not seem like much but when it comes to games it is a lot.

You would need an external output mirroring device to connect both a TV and your computer or a console that supports dual mirrored displays for a tv tuner card in a PC to be any good.

Latest posts