What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

krazyups

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but we hit over 4.1 million points yesterday!!! :shok:

Crazy train indeed!!! :canadianwave::canadianwave:Way To Fold

Dead Things

I'm sure you've been through this, at least once.
So familiar with that. I've got power adapters and splitters coming out the wazoo now: molex to 4pin, 4pin to 8pin, 6pin to 8pin, 8pin to 2x8pin, and so on and so forth. I just kept acquiring more and more of these things. I'm pretty sure I've got enough now to turn a single molex connector into all the connections needed for a whole computer - not that I'd recommend it.

In terms of having a rig delayed for silly reasons, something similar happened to me recently. A build I was working on got held up for about a week because I needed a $1.93 plastic T-line. Isn't that always the way?

But hey - we still want pics!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Quick and dirty pic, before I leave for Canada Computers to get an AX750W, instead of the X560W...

7034e7ba797a2889.jpg

stoanee

Folding Team
Definitely interested in PPD numbers once you get it up and running. That is just an EATX board correct?

10e had that board up & running didn't he?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...cores-canadian-magny-cours-motherfolding.html

A while back around July or August I had bought the following stuffs:

1) 2 x AMD Opteron 6168 1.9Ghz, 12-core Magny-Cours CPUs
2) 1 Asus KGPE-D16 Dual Socket G34 motherboard
3) 8 1GB Kingston KVR1333DE9S (ECC) DDR 1333 DIMMs
4) Lian Li PC-P80 case

I bought it because I was curious about folding performance of the Magny-Cours chips and how it compared with the current Xeon line-up of chips.

Outside of Bit-Tech.Net which compared dual Xeon x5650s and dual Opteron 6174, there wasn't really much out there, and this comparison was done using BigAdv A2 units, which were de-commissioned by this time.

Anyway, I found the performance was very close to a well-overclocked Core I7 980x running at 4.1 Ghz or higher, except on BigAdv 2684 units, where the dual Opteron could out-fold even a 4.4Ghz Core I7 980x.

Generally I was getting between 55 - 60K PPD on 2685, 2686, and 2692 units and around 42K PPD on 2684 BigAdv units. Not bad, but I wanted more! :punk:

badatcards

WTFWay To Fold. Looking at the team stats page I thought that a F@H contest started. This Summer was good to us, To everyone one that folded or started folding this Summer Great job on holding off the threats:thumb:, Now let the Conquest's begin:punk:, Right now it's going to take 4.3 months to pass 5 Teams to put us in 15th:bananafunky:. Top 10 here we come:biggrin:

Latest posts