What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Memory card reader recommendations?

djbrad

Using the same Ugreen reader as FreeKnight, very satisfied. Reliable, not cheap made. +1 on this one.

sswilson

Staff member
I don't suppose any of these have a spring loaded latch for the SD slot like a laptop has?

FreeKnight

I don't suppose any of these have a spring loaded latch for the SD slot like a laptop has?
None of the one's I've used has. They've all been slide in and out, usually with only a portion of the card going in so it's easy enough to pull out. I'd probably avoid a pop-out spring if you're worried about longevity, just one more thing to break.

sswilson

Staff member
Thanks for all of the suggestions folks. I went with the Ugreen since it had two positive recommendations. Hopefully I have better luck with this one than I've had with previous desktop units.

Izerous

Folding Team
The only ones I have had good luck with are the ones that look like a mini usb drive maybe the size of a tiny wireless receiver for a keyboard. It isn't anything more than remapping it to a USB plug. no springs to fail etc. But its so small I store it in the case with the other raspberry pi sd cards I have which is about the size of a business card holder. I just can't remember where I left it otherwise I'd share an image.

Basically like one of these though but mine is even a bit smaller

Latest posts

Twitter