What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My First Air/Water Cooling attempt -kinda-

fefox

The BLOWERS I have on this rad have to be like 80db I can't hear anything and it almost hurts to be in the room :shok: I should find my db meter and take a sample...

so I went digging today looking for some fans...

and in my magic box of crap I found some nice 6" 300 CFM fans, they look kinda cool on the top Lian-li case, but I don't know if I want to butcher them (the cases)

54884a56acd13082b.jpg

so now im thinking of a plywood box with the rad in it and a push pull setup in the box with a few sets of these fans. a few usb temp probes and a script to adjust fan speed.... and then I guess just set the two systems into the box on the motherboard trays from the lian-li cases for now....

oh I wish I had a sheet metal brake....:sad:

I almost passed out when I went to the mountain mods site for the first time (today). the first case I saw looked like it was for more than one motherboard :biggrin: (fail) and then the custom fabrication link got me excited until I clicked on it and found out they don't do it anymore :angry2: (fail)

blah :sad:

btw with the rad on the floor blowing cold air into the case intakes at the front, the rear exhaust is a just slight warm temp, instead of the black and decker heatgun type inferno that was comming out without it.

The system with two 295's folding with 50% fan on the cards has GPU temp of 69 and PCB 66 so im thinking if I shut the rad in with the motherboard trays it should come down a bit more.

Latest posts