What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ok what would you do if you were in my position

Bond007

Sounds like a motherboard manufacturer is causing you some grief...rushed product? As much as it’s sucks for you I am glad to hear it is all motherboard based and nothing more.

JD

Staff member
Are you sure it's the WiFi? How'd you come to that conclusion? Looks like it's using an Intel 9260, which I can't see having such problems with Windows 10.

Can't you just disable WiFi in the BIOS, install Windows, install the latest drivers, then enable it in the BIOS?

Valkyrie

re memory timings:

It will report that it is Auto setting, but if you note the numbers reported you will see some differences between entering primaries in a JEDEC profile and using the DOCP/XMP.

I suspect The WiFi driver issue is a whole 'nuther thing and similar (but different) to what another member recently asked about in Troubleshooting. Win 10 throwing a snit because all of a sudden there is a WiFi device.

Last edited:

gingerbee

Are you sure it's the WiFi? How'd you come to that conclusion? Looks like it's using an Intel 9260, which I can't see having such problems with Windows 10.

Can't you just disable WiFi in the BIOS, install Windows, install the latest drivers, then enable it in the BIOS?

Ya I am sure they're a couple of threads on MS forum about it and I thought I could just turn it off but for some reason, it still doesn't work there is a couple of workarounds that some have had work but didn't work for me. it seems it installs wifi or Lan driver windows doesn't like it's a ndis driver something. I guess its a known issue cause I was surprised it being intel and all
( hell after just thinking about it it might install an intel Lan driver seeing the intel wifi but it's a real tech Lan ) all I know is the other board works

Another thing was I tried to install Nvidia standard driver this time before windows install any driver and I still had to use the DCH driver not that I care just thought it was strange must be something with the 1903 update

OH, and the pc worked when I first booted it all up with the old os I had from the previous pc setup I only went to do a fresh install cause for whatever reason windows said I was not activated. all the same parts just a new wifi chip but oh well.

Plus at this point, I am so tired of battling with this pc I just want it to work. I waited to buy zen one for almost 6 months so I didn't have these little problems I guess I have learned my lesson wait till the bugs are worked out lol

Thanks all for the advice hope I can repay it someday

JD

Staff member
That's pretty strange. Perhaps the "November" release of Windows 10 will fix those bugs, though it doesn't sound like any major changes from 1903.

Activation is tied to the motherboards unique identifier, so losing activation was to be expected. You should be able to contact MS though and just tell them your previous motherboard is broken if the activation troubleshooter doesn't fix it for you.

gingerbee

Strange is the word I would use I thought for sure turning it off would work. I was pulling my hair out when it didn't.

So do you think MS would still activate my copy being an OEM copy I thought you got one install and that was it? with OEM. I mean it's not a huge deal if I have to pay for another copy at 20 to 40 dollars for an OEM key.

Plus thanks for the info I have changed many parts and never had to reinstall windows10. I was hoping cause it was the same board I would get away with it but it makes sense

JD

Staff member
They should still honor your license since you replaced a faulty board. It's not like your trying to use the key in multiple places.

Latest posts