What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

FreeKnight

Think the rear driver strut on my Acura went, or the coil spring's shifting strangely. Getting a large hollow metallic 'tonk' over bumps from the rear left side.

It's my work 'truck' so it's been on some brutal roads so I won't be surprised if something went, but it's still a bit annoying.

Arinoth

Staff member
Of course it's on the weekend and not work week...

track.png

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Went to the lake with our "new-to-us" old jetski on Monday. My wife invited 2 other families along so I spent ~3.5 hours giving 7 kids rides. My forearms are bloody killing me today. On the positive side I'm a lot more comfortable riding it with passengers now. I'm having enough fun with it that I might look for an upgrade come spring-time.

Lysrin

Of course it's on the weekend and not work week...

track.png

I don't care if it's weekend or work week... I don't want it! 😣

Hurricane Juan I was renting a condo and the roof was blown off. Now I have my own house so any repairs would be all on me!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Stay safe out there!

And now for my somewhat rant: My 10 year old goalie is trying out for Rep Hockey (his idea, not mine) and the suspense is killing me. He's right on the verge of being cut / making it from what I can see, and it's going to suck if he gets cut because there aren't enough goalies in house. They'd normally carry 2 goalies per rep team but because not enough goalies registered some rep teams will only carry one (the house teams only get one each). I've got butterflies in my stomach because I'm hating the prospect of having to tell him he got cut. I haven't been this nervous since before I asked my last girlfriend out 14 years ago (she's my wife now 😍). Oh well, we'll know after the final cut tomorrow night. He's playing really well too, better than he was last year. If he does get cut at least he will probably be one of the top picks in the house draft and will play every minute like last year. Other than my anxiety it's been a fun process, he's stepped up to playing against better players very well.

Arinoth

Staff member
Yeah... it isn't encouraging. I'll have to batten down the hatches tonight.

On the positive side it's not as a strong as Juan and we're not suppose to get the eye of it.

Stay safe out there!

And now for my somewhat rant: My 10 year old goalie is trying out for Rep Hockey (his idea, not mine) and the suspense is killing me. He's right on the verge of being cut / making it from what I can see, and it's going to suck if he gets cut because there aren't enough goalies in house. They'd normally carry 2 goalies per rep team but because not enough goalies registered some rep teams will only carry one (the house teams only get one each). I've got butterflies in my stomach because I'm hating the prospect of having to tell him he got cut. I haven't been this nervous since before I asked my last girlfriend out 14 years ago (she's my wife now 😍). Oh well, we'll know after the final cut tomorrow night. He's playing really well too, better than he was last year. If he does get cut at least he will probably be one of the top picks in the house draft and will play every minute like last year. Other than my anxiety it's been a fun process, he's stepped up to playing against better players very well.

Good luck for your boy!

Latest posts