What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

gingerbee

OMG, I don't know how many times my wife has tried to do the same, there's is something about the days she can wear crazy different tops that make her very happy. Because the hospital she works at has a scrub dress code, all dark navy blue tops with black pants unless it's a holiday then they get to wear themed tops. IE Xmas/ New Year/Valentine's day so it means a lot to her. Of course, she has to have special tops for every and all holidays. lol

but you gotta watch where they ship from and who with.

crazyea

Now she knows, so hopefully next time she can choose USPS or shop elsewhere. My wife is lucky I guess as she gets silly scrub day weekly on Fridays. Other days are governed by dress code.

clshades

My wife ordered some scrubs from the US. She really wanted them for silly scrub day because they have French Bulldogs on them. So anyway, she made the mistake of using UPS for shipment. $103 USD order, $53 CAD import fees of which $14 are taxes (GST/PST) and the rest are random government and UPS fees. UPS Sucks BALLS.
I paid $132.47 to get the 3080 ftw3 pretty sure that was taxes included. Talk about a rip off for scrubs!

Shadowmeph

ugg so I downloaded a youtube video which I have done a few times and never had issues but this time I noticed that the audio was downloaded separately I have a WARNING: You have requested multiple formats but ffmpeg or avconv are not installed. The formats won't be merged. And I am not sure how to add it into the video.
EDIT ok that was easy I found a link that showed an easy if and I didnt have to redownload the video so not a rant anymore hehe

Last edited:

FreeKnight

It's too bad lumber prices are ridiculous this year. I really wanted to build some garden planters. Wonder if stone has shot up as well. I wouldn't use it for planters, but could live with doing some of my backyard in pavers.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
It's too bad lumber prices are ridiculous this year. I really wanted to build some garden planters. Wonder if stone has shot up as well. I wouldn't use it for planters, but could live with doing some of my backyard in pavers.
pallets...they can't get thrown away by companies fast enough so they love it when people come and take them off their hands. and it's almost always awesome hardwood. just takes a bit of time to break down and pull out all the nails. my son in law makes planters out of them that he sells around town. :)

Shadowmeph

I think all the hone project items prices are high they are price gouging because allot of people are home more so they do projects . I think that its dirty for companies to do such things

lowfat

Staff member
Tried to root my TV tonight. Spend 3+ hours trying. First I tried an exploit where I ran a hack on a webserver and nagivate to it via a ridiculous method, which includes greating a new google account. And now I can no longer use my phone number to create more google accounts. This didn't work. :(

Found another way on some Russian website. Signed up for LG developer. Installed dev app on TV and SDK on PC. Set up SSH keys w/ TV. Copied over root hack via SCP. SSH in to TV and run the root but it has errors. :(

Guess root just wasn't meant to be. :(

Latest posts