What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

Ya I don't have any of those I have 2 normal valves on the cold water linen leading to outside one inside the basement one outside and there is only shut off on my kitchen sink not even on the bathroom. which sucks but at least it's all copper no galvanized anywhere, The thing I don't like if I want to go Pex to fix anything I have to use a Sharkbite "I think" cause I have never seen any type of crimp for going from copper to Pex

edit Holy lee shit slap my ass and call me Shirly there is a little valve on the side of it, I couldn't see it cause it was covered by some pink insulation

You definately need to drain those down then. Honestly, I'd replace them with frost free.

Also, I have personally tested shark bite fittings to nearly 300psi. They are fine when done correctly.

gingerbee

Ya I opened the outside and took off the bleeder valve and blew air through it to get all the water out, then closed the outside valve and capped the bleeder valve back up

sswilson

Staff member
Maybe I'm just a bit too cynical for today's world, but does it strike anybody else that these recent pushes for "your debit card can now do Visa debit" are just a play to get you to use a card that charges the merchant more per transaction than a standard debit card does?

gingerbee

your debit card has been able to use visa debit for years this is not something new I have been using it for over 7 years. My understanding is it just gives access to the visa credit card billing system so your debit shows up as a credit card with a limit of what the account has in it so you can shop online at places that only take a credit card. hence it is the same cost to the merchant as someone using a credit card just now they have access to more people.

sswilson

Staff member
your debit card has been able to use visa debit for years this is not something new I have been using it for over 7 years. My understanding is it just gives access to the visa credit card billing system so your debit shows up as a credit card with a limit of what the account has in it so you can shop online at places that only take a credit card. hence it is the same cost to the merchant as someone using a credit card just now they have access to more people.

That makes sense for online purchases as it adds value (allowing you to use your bank account basically as cash to purchase stuff online), where it falls down is for folks who use debit in brick and mortar transactions.... in the past a debit transaction was a fixed rate (pennies) per transaction while a CC transaction was always some percentage of the total sale (a much higher take for the banks).

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like a "converted" debit card is now going to start charging brick and mortar merchants "CC" fees for what is still essentially a debit transaction that should only cost pennies as opposed to a percentage of the sale.

gingerbee

you cant use visa debit in brick and mortar stores at all. I was told by my bank that in Canada my card shows up as a debit card when you use it online and they don't take debit it will show up as a visa card so it can run through the visa credit card payment system.

your debit card doesn't get converted to a visa debit card it just means your debit card has access to the visa payment system as an option to pay for things online

lowfat

Staff member
Newegg said:
Newegg

Our system have detected unusual traffic from this device, please check our Policy & Agreement for more information. If our systems do not detect any violations from your IP address within the next 10 minutes, it may be unblocked also, feel free to click this link to give us feedback.

error: 0.27d9c217.1634683063.7a6564bf
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor
This was a popular item on Newegg in 2006, selling 28,713 units priced at $230.99.

Great price point for this CPU, outperformes Axx $700 CPU readily.

- garyhope,8/25/2006 10:17:26 AM

© Newegg Inc. All rights reserved
I'm trying to browse cases on Newegg. They blocked me. I wasted 10 minutes. Started browsing cases again. And they blocked me again. I was probably going to spend close to $1K there in the next month or two. Guess they don't want money. (n)

sswilson

Staff member
I'm trying to browse cases on Newegg. They blocked me. I wasted 10 minutes. Started browsing cases again. And they blocked me again. I was probably going to spend close to $1K there in the next month or two. Guess they don't want money. (n)

Weird.... I wonder what they're seeing on their end that's blocking you.... you've got a PFSence setup don't you? Maybe it's blocking something they expect a response from?

Are you going through a VPN?

lowfat

Staff member
Weird.... I wonder what they're seeing on their end that's blocking you.... you've got a PFSence setup don't you? Maybe it's blocking something they expect a response from?

Are you going through a VPN?
I am using PfSense and the DNS blocker. But not very aggressive blocking done on it. At least not for generalized ads. Can't find any with Newegg + PfBlocker.

No VPN.

Just browsing cases.

Lysrin

Holy crap beef prices have gone to the moon.

Even an eye of round was eye wateringly expensive at Costco of all places and it's a pretty poor cut of beef.
Late to this comment, but little to none of that increase is getting back to the ranchers and farmers either.

Latest posts