What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Samsung SSD warranty and Bestdirect.ca not being an authorized dealer (lolwut)

artistpavel

My 6 years old 850 Pro has died. It has a 10 years old warranty which I loved and paid the premium for. This is what the customer support has said:

"We would like to inform you that Bestdirect.ca is not a Samsung authorized dealer and warranty on products purchased through them will be honoured by reseller only. Please contact the place of purchase to check with available options."

Is that legit? How a consumer is supposed to know that at the time of purchase?

JD

Staff member
We have a couple threads:

But the gist is that they didn't officially sell any SSD's in Canada, the distributors selling them here were giving us USA inventory. You can try going through Total Tech Solutions instead, but really, I would just buy a new SSD at this point...

Entz

Wasn’t best direct more or less NCIX , so given that they are gone now, it’s not like you will get support.

this is normal Samsung BS. They hang you out to dry. As mentioned Total Tech Solutions is your best bet. someone on RFD just posted about it last month, so they are still doing it.

sswilson

Staff member
Yes, I specifically avoid Samsung SSDs because of the issues surrounding warranty and claims from Samsung that Canadian retailers aren't authorized dealers. Supposedly it's never an issue getting totalts to do warranty work, but it's inexcusable that Samsung hasn't resolved this issue over the last 5+ years and folks are forced to figure out their own back door way to get warranty work.

I had similar issues dealing with a dell product purchased through the Canadian MS Store. The product I received was listed as having a US warranty and getting the warranty transfered over to me proved to be just about impossible. (I finally gave up after ending up back at square one following 4 months of Customer Service finger pointing blame at other entity hell). I was just fortunate enough to have not needed warranty work while it was still active.

artistpavel

Receipt required? I have a dead 850 pro I was given 5~ years ago
Yeah, but you can try without it.

**All the Following Must Be Answered as Best as Possible**
1)Company Name (If Applicable):
2) Name (First, Last):
3) Full Address (PO box is NOT accepted):
4) Email:
5) Phone Number:
6) Product Number:
7) Serial Number (Located on the label on the bottom of the SSD.):
8) Detailed Reason for Repair:
9) Troubleshooting Performed:
10) Computer Specifications (Please provide any system information if available):
11) Bill of Sale (Invoice or Receipt must be in an JPEG image file format or PDF. Please do not paste but attach it to your reply email):
12) Photo of the Label on the SSD for verification (not the packaging. Please do not paste but attach it to your reply email)
13) Please write YES in this field to denote that you have accepted our warranty terms and conditions (Listed Below):