What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shareware/Freeware gems

Shadowed

This is a cool little utility that converts all kinds of units. Its one of those things that you get used to having around and miss it when its not there.

unit conversion tool

Our Rating:
50star.gif
(Excellent)
Convert is the only unit conversion tool you`ll ever need. It includes fast and simple conversions for distance, temperature, volume, time, speed, mass, power, density, pressure, energy and many others. In addition, you can also add your custom conversions. The program comes as standalone file and does not need to be installed - just unzip and run.
Freeware

ConvertPublisherJoshua F. MadisonFile Size152 kbVersion4.10 (history) Last updatedDec 13, 2004LicenseFreewareWindows98/ME/2000/XPRequirementsNone
green-check.gif
Convert does not contain any adware or spyware.

Convert download and review - unit conversion tool from SnapFiles

Enjoy!! :thumb:

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Thanks for this.
Not only is it great to see some suggestions on freeware, but I've been threatening to make a new software thread, this should be the kick in the butt I need to actually make it..... :)

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Goldwave!
Audio recording/editing tool that can convert/compress/filter/clean-up any audio source as well as record easily, use compressors, parametric EQs, effects and even time shifting and scaling! Great all around tool for fast and easy audio editing, Highly HIGHLY recommended.:punk:
GoldWave - Audio Software

lcdguy

Folding Team
Useful Freeware

3D

GMAX
Milkshape 3D - shareware
Sketchup

Graphics

GIMP
GIMP Shop

Audio

Audacity
CDEX

Media Players

Mediaplayer Classic
VLC
Winamp

Desktop Environment Enhancments

Cursor XP
BootXP - Changes Windows XP Boot Logo
Logon Studio

File Management

Total Commander - shareware

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

sswilson

Staff member
Just bought a new terrabyte HD and want to be able to do a painless swap with your old hard drive?

Download copying and migrating software for transfering all your data to a new HDD

Migrate Easy has a 15 day free trial that works like a charm!!!! (If it's going to take you more than 15 days, you need to clear up some free time before you blow a gasket.... :) ).

I've tried many of the freeware/shareware HD system tools and this is the first one I've come across that actually worked for transfering over to a new system boot disk.

Latest posts