What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

So Windows 8 has been out for a while now..

ShinraCorp

To be honest if Windows "Blue" update brings major improvements to Windows 8 then I'm sure it'll sell a lot better but for now it's just another ME/Vista Operating System.

Shadowmeph

I really feel sorry for some of the Doctors out there that are still having to use Windows XP because the software they are using is expensive and the license for XP alone is in the 1000s , now that they are going to stup the security Updates for XP all of the companies are being forced to upgrade and upgrade everything .
I really don't like windows 8 at all there is allot of things on it that is totally useless for me but I cannot remove it. it is a pretty good OS for some people I guess but I like to know what is going on and I really don't like not seeing all of the running process's that are hidden and hard to find running in the back ground. to many things means more things can go wrong.
my system has 32 process's running in the back ground and I bet that 3/4s of them I don't need and probably will never need . these process's use approximately 25% of my 8gb of ram which makes it 2 gb ram in use and the only thing I am actually using is my opera web browser with just this one page up , no extra tabs. if I had the know how I would strip this OS way done to just the things I want none of the Store crap opr the like.

venm1

I don't see anything that'd make me want to use it over windows 7, probably going to skip this one like I did with vista.

enaberif

I don't see anything that'd make me want to use it over windows 7, probably going to skip this one like I did with vista.

There are a few things about Windows 8 that I enjoy over Windows 7 and previous generations. But I simply cannot get over the Metro UI.

fortkentdad

Biggest downfall for me is incompatibility issues with some games (most games). Productivity software works fine - in desktop mode. Don't really miss the start button, the "metro" interface ain't that hard to get used to and you can add desktop icons for programs you might launch from Start. Unless you tend to launch lots of different programs then just create a desktop icon. You could also explore multiple desktop feature (that may be a AMD Catalyst thing only).

Still takes a bit of getting used to, but I managed the change from DOS to Windows - it's IT folks, Change Happens.

Soullessone21

Love windows 8 use it at work and home all my setups are multi monitor so I love metro full screen apps are great when you dont tie up your main screen plus how smooth I can play a game like crysis 3 on 1 screen and work and BS on the other two its a gift from the Microsoft gods.

If you dont like windows 8 there is always Linus or side with the Devil at Apple both options have their issues to but are options at least.

I also love how I can throw a hdds loaded with 8 from one build to another with minimal issues

Xeven

I use Windows 8 as my main OS. However, I don't use "metro" apps and skip directly to desktop so it might as well be Windows 7 for all I care. :haha:

Latest posts