What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The HWC what you listening to Thread

Entz

In This Moment" is pretty mainstream now I would say?
Yes, the have gone that way the past few albums. Not sure I am totally in love with it but I support the need to explore. Beautiful tragedy is a great place to start for classic Maria though. First 3 albums in general really. Blood is good too But starting to move towards mainstream vs metal

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
I like a lot of different genres and it changes with my mood/stress etc. Toss in something like Mono Inc(Boatman)/Mr Jones Machine(Jaguar)/Ayia (Previously Epsilon Minus just about anything from her & Canadian to boot) and can happily listen to it back to back with NOFX/Rancid/Flogging Molly etc and then metal and other things randomly as well, just about anything but country really.

In metal genres I typically stay away from the screamo/death metal as I find it more distracting than enjoyable especially since most of the time I have music on is when I'm working. Even had a classmate who had a garage death metal band... The Jinjer song I queued up definitely lured me into a false sense of where the song was going, not something I'd normally listen to but wow I was seriously impressed that she was able to pull that off so seamlessly and I could still understand 90% of what she was singing without focusing on it. I still found myself wanting to queue up more of her pieces though which is unusual when I hit something like that.

Last edited:

Entz

Yeah I don't have a favorite Genre, though typically stay away from Country.

Vocal trance is something that is great to listen to while working. Same with stuff along the stronger vocal side of rock like Evanescence, Lacuna coil etc.
Florence and the Machine is another band I love. Listen to the whole catalog weekly lol. Sarah brightman as well.

@Mr. Friendly thinking back to your question. Here is a track that sums up pretty much everything about Symphonic metal and Epic. I use it as my headphone test lol. Its got everything, from pure music, to amazing vocals to growling even lol. The latter half especially.

Youtube will likely butcher the quality but it is what it is .

Bartacus

I just discovered Devin Townsend. This guy is apparently one of the most epic Canadians ever, and I somehow missed him completely until now. Holy crap, do I have a lot of catching up to do!!

And something for the hillbillies. 🙃

sswilson

Staff member
I just discovered Devin Townsend. This guy is apparently one of the most epic Canadians ever, and I somehow missed him completely until now. Holy crap, do I have a lot of catching up to do!!

And something for the hillbillies. 🙃

If you come across the album "casualties of cool", I'm a big fan of Che Aimee Dorval.

GregH

Been listening to Devy for a while now. Guy is a freaking beast.

Modern music tends to bore the hell outta me, but this band I recently discovered re-upped my faith in modern music. Ukrainian band called Jinjer. I haven't heard bass riffs this strong since Steve Harris was ripping his stuff with Iron Maiden. The whole band technically is just so tight, and Tati's vocals...whoah. Never been a fan of growl-type heavy metal, but the way she switches between cleans and growls just fits.

Anyway, current fave: Teacher Teacher:

Latest posts

Twitter