What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Tips for Saving Money on Shipping Costs

TedShackley

For the venture one thing, do you have to put money on a card or something, like a pre-paid cellphone or long distance card ? How's that work, I don't have a credit card or anything btw

another reason to get a printer, but I can't afford even a $20 2nd printer until I sell a 6950 by mid-Dec

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
No, venture one is just an e-mail sign-up, or it was when I did it. You don't pay anything to get the account. You will need a credit card to pay for your shipments though.

TedShackley

No, venture one is just an e-mail sign-up, or it was when I did it. You don't pay anything to get the account. You will need a credit card to pay for your shipments though.
You mean if I do it online to save even more. Actually I don't mind going to the closest CP because a really hot blonde girl works there sometimes.

sswilson

Staff member
You mean if I do it online to save even more. Actually I don't mind going to the closest CP because a really hot blonde girl works there sometimes.
I've never done it online. I always just package my items up as I normally would and then drop them off to the local CP desk. Basically gets me one tier up for the same price as regular parcel. Slightly faster, tracking, and $100 insurance.

oppo4sale

Banned
Is it me or sending basically anything through Expedited Venture starts at 11-12? I sent a SSD and it cost me 13.50 when a 4lbs video card cost me about 16.50, kind of crazy when you think the same SSD was sent to me from the US through first class for 5$

MattyMatt

Anyone want to update the first post?

For Canada Post I simply went to: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/buserv/default.page

Signed up, but I still cannot create shipping labels online with these new pricing. Says they're shipping me a card to use at the post office. For inside of Canada, as far as I can tell prices drop about 5% and Expedited Parcel becomes available for same price as regular. Shipping to the US, pricing on tracked package drops a bit, but nothing to write home about. It's the time savings within Canada that are worthwhile.

As for eShipper, I am leery of putting in my CC, but I take it nothing has changed for that service, except you no longer need to sign up through RFD. It's free anyway.

eShipper Sign Up Page

Latest posts

Twitter