What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Yeah, that's a killer deal. :)

$1800 sounds more like (sale price) market value for 16GB + a 512GB NVMe. Upping that to 32GB / 2TB is probably $400 - $500 value minimum.
Also took the 3060 to a 3070, and arr gee bee keyboard 😳

The Spec price on their website is $3200...

sswilson

Staff member

An air bleed vent for my heating system. I had replaced the original a few years back with whatever new fangled one the local market had, but this is exactly the same one that came out of my system (and looks like it might be the original) so I couldn't resist grabbing this over some slightly less expensive modern design ones. :)

(This is the style that I put in a few years ago that's already leaking..... https://www.amazon.ca/Hydro-Master-...43614&pd_rd_wg=mOywg&pd_rd_i=B07PQFWWZC&psc=1 )

clshades

An air bleed vent for my heating system. I had replaced the original a few years back with whatever new fangled one the local market had, but this is exactly the same one that came out of my system (and looks like it might be the original) so I couldn't resist grabbing this over some slightly less expensive modern design ones. :)

(This is the style that I put in a few years ago that's already leaking..... https://www.amazon.ca/Hydro-Master-...43614&pd_rd_wg=mOywg&pd_rd_i=B07PQFWWZC&psc=1 )

Those ones are only for trapped piping or manifolds. The one you want for the boiler is this.

IMG_20210916_085025.jpg

Inside the brass air seperator is a stainless screen that pulls micro air bubbles from the boiler loop. After a few days all the air is gone from the water. The one you used will not do that. It's simply for trapped air. Oxygen causes corrosion. If the one you used is for releasing trapped air in a section of the heating system it's fine. Those are exactly the ones I use.

The photo is a boiler I rebuilt last week.

Last edited: