What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member
Those ones are only for trapped piping or manifolds. The one you want for the boiler is this.

View attachment 32389

Inside the brass air seperator is a stainless screen that pulls micro air bubbles from the boiler loop. After a few days all the air is gone from the water. The one you used will not do that. It's simply for trapped air. Oxygen causes corrosion. If the one you used is for releasing trapped air in a section of the heating system it's fine. Those are exactly the ones I use.

The photo is a boiler I rebuilt last week.

On something like that, would I be able to block off the two side inlets and put a 1/8 on the bottom? My setup comes directly off of the top of the boiler as opposed to being inline with the pipes. (Pretty sure the one I posted is what this shipped with back in the '60s / '70s )

clshades

On something like that, would I be able to block off the two side inlets and put a 1/8 on the bottom? My setup comes directly off of the top of the boiler as opposed to being inline with the pipes. (Pretty sure the one I posted is what this shipped with back in the '60s / '70s )
No that tee shaped one needs to be inline before the pump and the expansion goes on the bottom. The idea is the water flowing through it captures all the air from the system. Pretty much required to protect the heating system properly.

Cypher^64

Sony xm3

our business network group requires weekly training, minimum of an hour of podcasts, been wanting a headset for music for awhile so figured the xm3 at 275 would do the job. Really wanted the xm4 but couldn’t justify the extra money. I should have got the xm4 a few weeks ago when I saw them for 399

Dwayne

Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion, Gloomhaven, and a removable sticker set for Gloomhaven. For those days when a computer game will not scratch that itch, it is time for some solo dungeon diving.

Latest posts

Twitter