What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

lowfat

Staff member
Some older HT gear.

2 x Paradigm Monitor 7 V2s floorstanding speakers. Should replace surround on one. And will need to reglue / replace fabric on grills.
Paradigm CC-370 V3 center channel
2 x Paradigm ADP-70 surrounds
Denon AVR-2802

Think it was a decent deal for $300.

Last edited:

crazyea

Saw that there might be a PS5 drop from Best Buy today. Tried to order online as soon as they were available at about 10:20 am., got one in my cart for Robson street in Van, get to the payment screen, verify my Mastercard pops up, but...... the code took too long to get to me by text, then it sold out.

Went into my local best buy at 11am opening. Asked the lady at the door if they had any coming today. She said that I can order online for pickup when the truck comes and unloads if they have any. I told her about my experience this morning having one in my cart but couldn't check out. So she takes my name and number. 2:15 pm she calls me and says she has one for me if I come right now.

15 minutes later and I have a PS5 in my trunk.

What luck, such wow!

GeezerGamer

Saw that there might be a PS5 drop from Best Buy today. Tried to order online as soon as they were available at about 10:20 am., got one in my cart for Robson street in Van, get to the payment screen, verify my Mastercard pops up, but...... the code took too long to get to me by text, then it sold out.

Went into my local best buy at 11am opening. Asked the lady at the door if they had any coming today. She said that I can order online for pickup when the truck comes and unloads if they have any. I told her about my experience this morning having one in my cart but couldn't check out. So she takes my name and number. 2:15 pm she calls me and says she has one for me if I come right now.

What luck, such wow!
Good score! I'm assuming you had a PS4 so I say to you give us your thoughts on what the PS5 is like after you've had some time with it.

crazyea

Good score! I'm assuming you had a PS4 so I say to you give us your thoughts on what the PS5 is like after you've had some time with it.
I dont like the shape or size. The menu is ok. I hate that I cant create folders for my games. The controller is a bit fatiguing for me. Game play seems similar to the ps4 pro on ps4 games. I think in a year we'll see a bigger difference in graphics when developers push it a bit more.

clshades

For one of my customers. 4 single seats along with this too. 5 minutes after the email was sent they said yes... Get those. I mean I've worked for wealthy people before but this is off the charts.

Screenshot_20211027-185314_Firefox.jpg

Cannon Fodder

Saw that there might be a PS5 drop from Best Buy today.[snip]
2:15 pm she calls me and says she has one for me if I come right now.

What luck, such wow!

Uhm, I could've sworn I saw a recent FS thread here, with you selling a PS5..... am I wrong, and got that mixed up with someone else? :unsure: Now my curiosity is piqued...... gotta go looking......

EDIT - Aaaaaand, after less than a minute of looking, yes, it was you! What happened - instead of buyer's remorse, you had seller's remorse? ;)

crazyea

Uhm, I could've sworn I saw a recent FS thread here, with you selling a PS5..... am I wrong, and got that mixed up with someone else? :unsure: Now my curiosity is piqued...... gotta go looking......

EDIT - Aaaaaand, after less than a minute of looking, yes, it was you! What happened - instead of buyer's remorse, you had seller's remorse? ;)
I didn't really want the Costco bundle at over $900 it cost me. Ended up selling it at cost because someone kept reporting my ads (and getting them removed) on CL with $40 markup. lol. Now I have the diskless version for $500.

Latest posts