What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

WTB: A Soundcard

Scart

Just wondering what prices you guys can give me on any sound cards you might have up for grabs. I am not in bad need of one, since I only have 2.1 audio and a 5.1 headset, but that uses its own sound hardware, but I wouldn't mind getting something for gaming thats nicer than onboard audio. The only problem is I don't have a lot of extra cash lying around to spend on a schnazzy new card so I was hoping someone could make me an offer I can't refuse.

And if anyone is in the edmonton area and could avoid shipping if I do buy one that would be sweet.

khelben1979

Website
bear-spirit.blogspot.com
I assume you are running a Windows system over there, but if you do intend to have working sound with Linux, then I can inform that the X-Fi cards don't work with Linux.

Just thought you should know.

I myself have an Audidy2 ZS sound card and I won't upgrade to X-Fi myself. It works excellent with both Windows and Linux. I think you can get one at a cheaper costs than any X-Fi card also..

Scart

I've been looking around and it seems like a good card, but I'm a little concerned about the apparantly poor vista support. Anyone know if this is an old issue, or is still prevelent?

b1lk1

I cannot think of a good reason to EVER buy ANY Creative based garbage. You can get the ASUS Xonar DX for not much more new and it has full wonderful Vista support.

Scart

I have been looking at the Xonar DX i can get it air shipped for 95 bucks total through ncix after pricematch.

Latest posts

Twitter