What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed SR-2 in 800D

stoanee

Folding Team
Finally done.
1)-Put mobo into case and see that the SR-2 must move down to line up standoffs.

SR 2 sitting on bottom.jpg
800d mobo tray 2.jpg

2)-Pull out tools of destruction and remove three rivets on back. Also three Phillips head screws removed up front.

tool of destruction.jpg
Ground rivets 2.jpg

3)-Pop mobo tray out of case tabs.

Mobo tray out.jpg

4)-Cut away case to allow SR-2 to drop into alignment with existing standoff holes. Drill and tap (6-32 thread) four more standoff holes and install standoffs along with motherboard.

More tools of destruction.jpg
800d cutaway.jpg

5)-Remove Xeon backplates and check clearance of Noctua backplates. Cut away motherboard tray to allow installation of Noctua back plates.

Rear panel cutaway.jpg

6)-Assemble motherboard to case.

Sr 2 mounted 2.jpg
Noctuas mounted.jpg
800d side off.jpg
Finished 800d.jpg

Sorry about all the big pics, still don't know how to use the zoom function......:whistle::whistle:

Last edited:

Spikemaul

Nice work stoanee!!! :thumb: I really like the look of those big assed Noctua's in the window. Have you ever thought of painting the top of those coolers red? I think that would look kick ass. :thumb:

JayDeeHobbit

Well done stoanee!
I feel that when I do something extra with a build it feels more like it's "mine".
Enjoy all that power! :)

LCB001

Nicely done Sir.

Now that you've got this one done your next SR-2 build should be alot easier...:biggrin:

lowfat

Staff member
Did you tap new screw holes in the motherboard tray or just use the stick on ones the SR-2 comes with?

Lpfan4ever

Did you tap new screw holes in the motherboard tray or just use the stick on ones the SR-2 comes with?

4)-Cut away case to allow SR-2 to drop into alignment with existing standoff holes. Drill and tap (6-32 thread) four more standoff holes and install standoffs along with motherboard.

Easy to miss, you should really put some space between the pictures and text:thumb: However, it looks good. Don't most people just lower that middle plate when they shove an SR2 into an 800D?

Latest posts