What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed SR-2 in 800D

lowfat

Staff member
Easy to miss, you should really put some space between the pictures and text:thumb: However, it looks good. Don't most people just lower that middle plate when they shove an SR2 into an 800D?

Thanks. I think when most people throw an SR-2 in an 700D/800D they cut out the stock motherboard tray and use a Mountain Mods one. You just install the tray a bit higher up, that way the midplate shouldn't need to be moved. Well I hope anyways as I plan on moving my other SR-2 to a 700D/800D as soon as I can grab one for a decent price.

stoanee

Folding Team
Nicely done Sir.

Now that you've got this one done your next SR-2 build should be alot easier...:biggrin:

My wife will probably smother me in my sleep with a pillow if I buy another one.

Did you tap new screw holes in the motherboard tray or just use the stick on ones the SR-2 comes with?
Tapped new ones. You gotta be deadly accurate or they won't line up

Easy to miss, you should really put some space between the pictures and text:thumb: However, it looks good. Don't most people just lower that middle plate when they shove an SR2 into an 800D?

The mid plate is really built into the case. It would be a total PITA to move it.

I think when most people throw an SR-2 in an 700D/800D they cut out the stock motherboard tray and use a Mountain Mods one. You just install the tray a bit higher up, that way the midplate shouldn't need to be moved.

Gotta make sure your I/O opening lines up, and..............I'm cheap....:thumb:

Fudd Rucker

Thanks. I think when most people throw an SR-2 in an 700D/800D they cut out the stock motherboard tray and use a Mountain Mods one. You just install the tray a bit higher up, that way the midplate shouldn't need to be moved. Well I hope anyways as I plan on moving my other SR-2 to a 700D/800D as soon as I can grab one for a decent price.

got one for 229.99 from canada computers today. Should have it monday.

Latest posts