What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

so what Ryzen 5000 do you want to get?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I'd love the 5950X, but don't have $1000 to buy it...so I'll probably make do with the 5800X.

of course...the mobo I want doesn't exist yet, so the CPU's available might change when it is created.

B450 iTX with dual M.2 SSD.

edit - changed to B450 from B550, as those boards are just too expensive.

Last edited:

Entz

90% sure it will be the 5900X . The jump to the 5950X is not really justified imo. Though if the 5800X comes out swinging we shall see.

Edit: The jump *For my use case*

Last edited:

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I run a lot of different programs at the same time while working...so more cores is better. I choke my iy-6700 and it's 16GB of RAM all the time now and I'm not certain the IPC gains alone will be enough to make a measurable difference, otherwise I would seriously consider the 5600X and it's 6 cores / 12 threads.

djbrad

I'd love the 5950X, but don't have $1000 to buy it...so I'll probably make do with the 5800X.

of course...the mobo I want doesn't exist yet, so the CPU's available might change when it is created.

B550 iTX with dual M.2 SSD.
The gigabyte b550 itx has dual M.2, but one of them is pcie 3.0 instead of 4.0. That's why it's not on your list?

ipaine

While I will of course wait for actual benches and reviews, I have to say that 5900x sure does sound tempting. Just will be curious to see how much of an uplift over my 3900x it would be.

Plus I'm sure I could sell my 3900x for a decent enough price and recoup a decent chunk of the cost.

FreeKnight

If it's anything like recent releases, I'll be able to read a lot of reviews before I decide since availability will be negligible.....

My biggest decision will be whether to go with an ITX board or upsize to an MATX. ITX lets me keep using my Ncase. But I won't have real travelling for work until 2023, so I can have a bigger sedentary case, just need to decide if I want to build my own mATX case out of maple, or build a case into a desktop and put a a nice cutout with tempered glass in the center.....

Latest posts