What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

thanks to members here my phone works again back on android 10 makes me wonder if my phone was supposed to get android 11 in the first place, don't care it's working again and I don't need to end up buying another phone since this has been a pricey week so far, try to explain that to the wife after we just sighed are lives to a bank for 20 years lmao

thanks all you know who you are
My cell phone is a galaxy core lt not even sure which Android os is on it I wont fork out hundreds + for a cell phone if I didn't need a cell for my work I would just go back to a land line hehe

gingerbee

My cell phone is a galaxy core lt not even sure which Android os is on it I wont fork out hundreds + for a cell phone if I didn't need a cell for my work I would just go back to a land line hehe
this is why my family and I buy cheaper phones like Umidigi/Huawei/ZTE/Blu/Xiaomi cause that way if we need to replace them if they break cause it happens and I don't want to spend a 1000$ on a phone that we will be replacing anyway in 1 to 3 years.

We buy them unlocked so we can do what we want with them and using a prepaid carrier so we can get much cheaper bills, My ex-wife has the same plan I do she's with rogers and I am with Chatr ( also rogers ) but my bill for the same plan same coverage is 60 dollars cheaper.

Oh I also signed a deal with a moving company this morning 90% of our furniture for 1800$ before tipping the moving guys which will be 50 each x3 movers so all said and done for around 2000$ exactly as I budgeted thank god that's a weight off my shoulders, now it's getting everything else boxed up and moved into the basement of the new house so I don't get billed extra for have tons of crap in there way.

Oh there coming on august 11 we get the keys for our new place July 27 so not a lot of time to get it all in there well everyone crosses your fingers and toes cause it not going to be easy since my wife and mother-in-law have to work through this all and since I am the picture of healthy lol I hope it goes well I got lots of associates I can pay to help move boxes I wouldn't ask my friends there all way to busy with there own lives to give me the one day off they have with there kids to help me move. It's ruff but worth it

the crazy thing is, on kinda another topic my rent was 1000$ a month which is super cheap for the size of my place 1140Sq and my neighbor 980Sq who is moving was only 960$ also way cheaper than it should be he's already rented her place for 1500$ and he thinks he just got my place rented for 1600$ all in of course. wow.

thanks all

Izerous

Folding Team
When moving i found renting a storage unit helps a lot. Start packing and moving into the storage unit early, and amonth or two rental is pretty darn cheap all things considered. Then all thats left behind is the important stuff and it is also what you want to move and unpack first. Then you can take your time unloading the storage unit after the important stuff is dealt with.

ipaine

Double clicking problem with my Logitech G602 has started to become a very major problem. I like the mouse and don't really want to get another one, so I am going to attempt to fix it. But what really gets me is that I shouldn't have to. It really isn't that old certainly not as old as many other mice I have had over the years.

gingerbee

OMG WTF So it turns out the person buying my mother in law place is financing it whatever no problem, well her insurance says if she can't get the info they need the bank will back out of her mortgage, leaving us high and dry so not very happy right now this needs to get worked out right away but my mother in law is in no rush to get it done so pretty pissed off right now

edit after a long talk with our insurance broker they say they have been insuring them (modular homes) for years without the VIN number so we hooked this lady up with our broker. Hoping as of this morning everything is worked out, will have to talk to our agent, the crazy thing was our insurance broker was like we just covered one 2 weeks ago around the corner from the mom-inlaws place and said she has never heard of an insurance company asking for that unless its new within the last few years. They say the VIN is stamped on the frame which we can only get to see 1/3 of under the building which she also says is normally the problem, most people can't get to them, because of people refinishing the inside the label (which is a sticker sometimes a plate) is removed by who every does the upgrades not knowing or caring that it's needed lol

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
Have not used the ps3 for a while powered it up this evening and now it is throwing a YLOD instead of powering on. I wouldn't be so upset if the ps4/5 had any kind of backwards compatibility I'd just go out and buy a used ps4 if that was the case. But this PS3 is also the release model with full backwards compatibility so I always tried to take care of it

FreeKnight

Have not used the ps3 for a while powered it up this evening and now it is throwing a YLOD instead of powering on. I wouldn't be so upset if the ps4/5 had any kind of backwards compatibility I'd just go out and buy a used ps4 if that was the case. But this PS3 is also the release model with full backwards compatibility so I always tried to take care of it
Had the same happen to my PS3 fat recently. It was a Japanese model I had gotten mostly for the PS2 backwards compatability.

I may takea stab at reflowing the solder with a heat gun to fix it, but I'm not sure I'm going to pay to have it fixed if it comes down to that, it hadn't been used for a year or two, so I can clearly live without it.

Izerous

Folding Team
Had the same happen to my PS3 fat recently. It was a Japanese model I had gotten mostly for the PS2 backwards compatability.

I may takea stab at reflowing the solder with a heat gun to fix it, but I'm not sure I'm going to pay to have it fixed if it comes down to that, it hadn't been used for a year or two, so I can clearly live without it.
I found newer repair methods the reflow isn't a fix. Turns out the Nec/tokin capacitors are crappy and the heat happens to temporarily fix them.

Real fix is removing and replacing them with better capacitors and is a long term fix

EDIT: For reference https://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-research-nec-tokin-capacitors-replacement-ylod-fix.25260/

Last edited:

FreeKnight

I found newer repair methods the reflow isn't a fix. Turns out the Nec/tokin capacitors are crappy and the heat happens to temporarily fix them.

Real fix is removing and replacing them with better capacitors and is a long term fix

EDIT: For reference https://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-research-nec-tokin-capacitors-replacement-ylod-fix.25260/
Hmmm, I'm almost tempted to try that myself. Capacitors can't be that much, and if I bork it, well the PS3 isn't working anyway.

Latest posts