What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

r0k0

Folding Team
i think i wont buy a brand name watercooler setup then :biggrin:

or patriot wont help help me with nothing after :bleh:

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.....

The thermaltake was my first foray into WC and it was the only decent kit available locally.

I of course agree completely with avoiding the water blocks (it's the design of the clampless barbs that causes the overtorquing which stresses the acrylic), but I don't think anybody can argue with my temps. :)

That said, next build will be piece by piece rather than a kit.

cdn_Madrach

Heh.....

The thermaltake was my first foray into WC and it was the only decent kit available locally.

I of course agree completely with avoiding the water blocks (it's the design of the clampless barbs that causes the overtorquing which stresses the acrylic), but I don't think anybody can argue with my temps. :)

That said, next build will be piece by piece rather than a kit.

Yeah what he said...lol. That's the route I went(Tt first WC) also but thanks to a carefully placed shortcut on wifes laptop I got a swiftch apex ultra kit:) last christmass and waited till I picked up two gpu blocks before I installed it. Maybe not the most extreme but I like it and it performs well. IMO I think Tt's waterblock problem(cracking) is because of the H bracket. There is nothing stopping you from overtightening it and causing too much pressure on the acrylic.

SHaCK

No offense guys! I do own a bigwater too lol. (bought it used so I could prove everyone it sucks.) Still haven't tested it though.. so much to do

Patriote

Oh no! SHaCKs going to kill me eyes posting it! :rofl:

My first WC kit was also the Apex Ultra+ Which was an awesome kit! Actually is still an Awesome kit! Ordered it from xoxide.com Then after that i started buying more pieces and finally ended up with a fully custum set-up!

Pics of my First WC set-up with my Apex Ultra+

As you could see... at that time i was a novice in watercooling and went with the easy way for coolant... Yes that is FLuid-XP's ... Thats why i so much argue with ppls not to buy that stuff! It stained alll my parts and needed to clean them and let them soak into vinegar for a day or so ... And thats without talking about how bad temps were after few months of use...
You can see in some pics all the white things (sh*ts) going in the loop and hanging in the reservoir.

Anyways, it just shows you how bad the idea of the coolant was but overall im still proud of how that build turned out!

PS: All the build i have posted in here (including this one) all have been done no more than a year. Yes that means that i have set-up about 5 builds since a year! I am Xtreme! - ly stupid.. i know :rofl:

sswilson

Staff member
Wish I could do 5 full builds in a year.

I'm a hardware geek as opposed to a software geek.

My computing needs could probably be met with a PIII 500, but I love building and tweaking the hardware.

In a perfect world, 2 weeks after finishing a build from hardware to OC/Tweaking/Benching, somebody would offer me what I paid to build it and I could start again..... :)

Patriote

Wish I could do 5 full builds in a year.

I'm a hardware geek as opposed to a software geek.

My computing needs could probably be met with a PIII 500, but I love building and tweaking the hardware.

In a perfect world, 2 weeks after finishing a build from hardware to OC/Tweaking/Benching, somebody would offer me what I paid to build it and I could start again..... :)

Hehe, yeah that would be a perfect world!

I loved all the time i passed on building my Rigs. Even invited some friends to assist my modding days! :bleh:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Just installed for the upcoming PSU review. :thumb:

24045fdf4673fb5d.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
Doesn't leave a hell of a lot of room for add-on PCI cards does it...... :)

I thought the SLI bridges were flexible. Is that a solid piece?

Latest posts