What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

wembler

So your happy with your 5870....thats great,glad to hear it.

yes, until the real competion shows up. Not the avg 15% performance increase labeled as a techno marvel 6 mos after release date and then compared to a 6 mo old card. Lets see what ATi comes up with in the next month. Dont forget your pre-order and dont foget skill in game counts - for a little at least! Oh, abnd where were you during the last 8 mos. Waiting to make your pre-order at an undisclosed price? try being a consumer! Oh, are the drivers for the 480 really new and immature? They are only new to those they have released them to. Let's make a pre-order!

sswilson

Staff member
yes, until the real competion shows up. Not the avg 15% performance increase labeled as a techno marvel 6 mos after release date and then compared to a 6 mo old card. Lets see what ATi comes up with in the next month. Dont forget your pre-order and dont foget skill in game counts - for a little at least!

No pre-order here, but a point of personal privilige.....

I don't do a lot of gaming, my preference in gpus is for folding. With that in mind, it's not the improvement over ati hardware I'm looking at but instead the possible gains over current nvidia stock as ATI cards still lag far behind when it comes to PPD.

wembler

No pre-order here, but a point of personal privilige.....

I don't do a lot of gaming, my preference in gpus is for folding. With that in mind, it's not the improvement over ati hardware I'm looking at but instead the possible gains over current nvidia stock as ATI cards still lag far behind when it comes to PPD.

That is a very valid point! No problem there!! My opinions stem solely from a gaming perspecitve. On that basis, I want to see what ATI brings as a response in the next weeks/ month or so. They have been preparing for this. But would not that be true for folders as well? If in one or two month NV still have the best single GPU card available i will buy one or two of theirs. I dont care who makes my card, as long as it gives me a legitimate advantage in game and great graphics in general. Having said that, even if ATI stays below NV on avg 15%, that number is no techno coup as it wasd touted to be. And gaming performance is what these cards were really made for. But of course I accept that others look at these things from a more techno/intrest perspective = totally legit and respected.

encorp

I must imagine anyone who pre-orders a 480 on the back of a preliminary review is a company fan boy. ATI and NV love you all. Try to be a consumer. A 15% performance increase was expected. But yet, those who have been paying attention would know that ATI has been sitting back waiting for those release of these cards. And yet some ppl pre-order the Fermi on the basis of the initial reviews, which show an increase of approx 15% on Avg - a far cry from the technological coup that was claimed even w/o heat, noise issues. It actually = fail at this point b/c the ppl who pre-ordered did not wait for the response - from the company that is in the drivers seat here. Yes the response may be enough to beat the 480 or not. but they didn't wait to see it. They pre-ordered = smart. NV loves you!!!!!!!!! Followers! If in 1.5 months from now the 480 is on top, then I will get one. Until then, i will see what happens.

Don't forget skill actually counts in the game as well!! Oh, but get your pre-orders out now!

You're doing a great job at making friends :)

Welcome to HWC.

traitoR

There does seem to be some bias towards Nvidia here moreso than other reviews, that's fine everybody has their favorites, still i wonder how received a 5870 heavily overvolted and overclocked and pushing record breaking high thermals would be received here, i'm assuming it would be a resounding success. :blarg:

IMO Fermi was never meant to run at the speed with which it needs to in order to be heralded as a defacto leader, if history is any indication it's run will be problematic and short lived.

r0bc

Oh, abnd where were you during the last 8 mos. Waiting to make your pre-order at an undisclosed price? try being a consumer!

I ordered a 5870 for myself at launch. I've also ordered them for friends.
By the way welcome to the community,good group of guys but we get the odd troll.

wembler

You're doing a great job at making friends :)

Welcome to HWC.

I am not here to make fiends or enemies. I am just putting forth my opinion with respect to a topic I think we are all interested in - in a public forum. Is this forum composed of NV shareholders? Thank you for the welcome! I am happy to recieve any constructive critisizm. I do not think I know anything special. Just a gamer trying to put forth some objective thoughts. Teach me!

encorp

I am not here to make fiends or enemies. I am just putting forth my opinion with respect to a topic I think we are all interested in - in a public forum. Is this forum composed of NV shareholders? Thank you for the welcome! I am happy to recieve any constructive critisizm. I do not think I know anything special. Just a gamer trying to put forth some objective thoughts. Teach me!

:ban:

wembler

I ordered a 5870 for myself at launch. I've also ordered them for friends.
By the way welcome to the community,good group of guys but we get the odd troll.

Thanks! I bought my Fortress 02 last month on the morning of the publiclation the the HWC review of that case. Haven't regretted it for a second. Love the reviews! I will wath out for the trolls. I'm not sure who they are though. Are they the ones who post regularly and stick together on point of view or are they those who show up out of the blue on a point of interest but who set forth a slightly different point of view. I am not sure but i will keep my eyo out for them.

rjbarker

^^^^ Where do all these new one Post wonders come from all of a sudden......bunch of friggin Trolls is right....guess he isn't happy with his 5870 or he'd be gaming instead of Trolling......

Markone is banned eh? Boy, I'm sure gonna miss having a stroke evey time I try to read one of his posts.
^^^ I had a good laugh over this one Squeets...I alway figured his was ripped when he posted until saw he was from Quebec.........reading his Posts was like being in Mexico....spent most of my time "translating".........take care Mark...

I'll likely "scale down" to SLI 470's ;) It does look good Sugar....

Latest posts