What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Lian-Li PC-011 Air (RGB) Something old - Something new

sswilson

Staff member
I thought pumps had to run at 100% ..or Is it just aio's. Did you get a big hunk of rubber with your case?

I did... not completely sure what it's for though. (extra support for the PSU maybe?) :)

edit: Yeah... I checked the online manual, and it's apparently for mounting a PSU in the upper position.

As far as the pumps go... the D5's have always had an adjustable option, even the fixed "b" models ran at a set percentage of full speed. My Corsair H100 AIO had two speed options.

Last edited:

danmitch1

Oh ok , I was wondering wth that rubber thing was for.
Ive read that variable pump speed is bad for the longevity of the pump, myth?

sswilson

Staff member
Oh ok , I was wondering wth that rubber thing was for.
Ive read that variable pump speed is bad for the longevity of the pump, myth?

Not to jinx it, but I believe my (relatively) ancient swiftek would tend to disagree... :)

sswilson

Staff member
Quick revisit to this now that I've upgraded the Lian-Li RGB fans. I know RGB isn't for everybody, but I've always been a fan of bling so here it is.....

So that's unlit ML120s on the rads, HD120s up top and LL120s on the front. The LLs provide a much nicer visual due to their rings (as opposed to the HDs which have open LEDs), but the HDs have clear body strips on front/back of the frames which shows while viewing from the side (the LLs are solid body frames).

That's the Rainbow effect which I'm assuming is what they refer to as unicorn puke???? :)

As far as choosing LLs over HDs I'd also argue that the lower RPM range of the LLs (600 vice 800) gives them a clear advantage.

Lysrin

Gak! Videos blocked at work... Check it out when I get home!

Update: Checked them out. Looking good. Lots of unicorn puke! I still really like that Intel SSD mounted up top in the back.

I'd certainly be interested to know if you ever have any lighting oddities show up with the LL fans. Are you using iCue with those fans?

Last edited:

danmitch1

Nice, ive got similar unicorn puke going on.. Gets old though.. I wish I could make my own aura profile.

sswilson

Staff member
What gets me is how bloody expensive a full RGB setup can get. I got all of my parts at about %50 of MSRP yet I'm still awfully close to $200 in 6X fans + 1 3 of 4 window sides worth of light strips.

Granted... If I didn't want RGB my fans would probably be closer to $20 / fan as opposed to $30 so 6X $10 + $40 for the Hue+ comes out to around $100 for the unicorn puke....

Twitter